My Top Ten Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Top Ten Mock Draft

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I will be sharing this on the radio show tomorrow...should I lay off the Kool-Aid, or is this a good projection...Boomer your thoughts?

1. San Francisco – Aaron Rodgers
Going with the hometown guy, I don't buy that Alex Smith BS
2. Miami – Braylon Edwards
This Mock draft was done under the assumption that there would be no trades, and if Miami is stuck here, I believe they do pick Braylon. If they are able to trade down, they pick Ronnie Brown somewhere.
3. Cleveland – Alex Smith
Cleveland isn't exactly loaded at the QB position right now, nor have they ever been loaded in recent memory. Alex Smith is supposedly a brainchild with the talent to match. Maybe he can be the Rothlesberger this year.
4. Chicago – Mike Williams
The Bears have Mushin Muhammad, and what would make life easier would be for Mushin to have a Mike Williams on the other side. Bring this to a trio with a healthy Rex Grossman involved, and you have a heckuva passing attack.
5. Tampa Bay – Cadillac Williams
Tampa Bay needs a running back...Pittman, Garner, and Earnest Graham wont cut it. Gruden would prefer a pass-catching tailback, a younger Charlie Garner...take the Cadillac.
6. Tennessee – Antrel Rolle
Jeff Fisher would love this guy's prescence back there, and will hope that Antrel can help bring the Titans defense back to where it used to be.
7. Minnesota – Derrick Johnson
I guess i chose this pick based on logic, but being that Tice is still in charge in Minnesota, who knows what the hell he is gonna do. The Vikes can use their 18th overall selection to take Michael Clayton (WR - Oklahoma) or even Matt Jones, the QB turned WR from Arkansas (his stock is skyrocketing by the day. It this was Tice speaking, Benson or brown may get their names called.
8. Arizona – Ronnie Brown
No trades and Ronnie Brown's stock drops, I don't know if there are any overwhelmingly big Marcel Shipp fans out there in the desert.
9. Washington – Alex Barron
If you're Clinton Portis, you're only as good as the o-line makes you. If the Skins draft Alex Barron out of FSU, it's a step in the right direction.
10. Detroit – Adam “PacMan†Jones
Dre Bly needs some company, and PacMan can make QBs and receivers really work for their yardage. He's also a special teams menace.

TerryTate said:
I will be sharing this on the radio show tomorrow...should I lay off the Kool-Aid, or is this a good projection...Boomer your thoughts?

1. San Francisco – Aaron Rodgers
Going with the hometown guy, I don't buy that Alex Smith BS
2. Miami – Braylon Edwards
This Mock draft was done under the assumption that there would be no trades, and if Miami is stuck here, I believe they do pick Braylon. If they are able to trade down, they pick Ronnie Brown somewhere.
3. Cleveland – Alex Smith
Cleveland isn't exactly loaded at the QB position right now, nor have they ever been loaded in recent memory. Alex Smith is supposedly a brainchild with the talent to match. Maybe he can be the Rothlesberger this year.
4. Chicago – Mike Williams
The Bears have Mushin Muhammad, and what would make life easier would be for Mushin to have a Mike Williams on the other side. Bring this to a trio with a healthy Rex Grossman involved, and you have a heckuva passing attack.
5. Tampa Bay – Cadillac Williams
Tampa Bay needs a running back...Pittman, Garner, and Earnest Graham wont cut it. Gruden would prefer a pass-catching tailback, a younger Charlie Garner...take the Cadillac.
6. Tennessee – Antrel Rolle
Jeff Fisher would love this guy's prescence back there, and will hope that Antrel can help bring the Titans defense back to where it used to be.
7. Minnesota – Derrick Johnson
I guess i chose this pick based on logic, but being that Tice is still in charge in Minnesota, who knows what the hell he is gonna do. The Vikes can use their 18th overall selection to take Michael Clayton (WR - Oklahoma) or even Matt Jones, the QB turned WR from Arkansas (his stock is skyrocketing by the day. It this was Tice speaking, Benson or brown may get their names called.
8. Arizona – Ronnie Brown
No trades and Ronnie Brown's stock drops, I don't know if there are any overwhelmingly big Marcel Shipp fans out there in the desert.
9. Washington – Alex Barron
If you're Clinton Portis, you're only as good as the o-line makes you. If the Skins draft Alex Barron out of FSU, it's a step in the right direction.
10. Detroit – Adam “PacMan†Jones
Dre Bly needs some company, and PacMan can make QBs and receivers really work for their yardage. He's also a special teams menace.

I don't think the Bears will take a reciever after shelling out big bucks for Muhummad. Nice mock.

I guarantee we take RB or QB before WR in this draft. Too many of you are focused on this BPA thing.

My guess is RB.

I think Ronnie Brown goes before Caddy. Brown to the Bucs. Benson to the Cards. Caddy falls outside the top 10. Caddy seems to think he's a guy trying to break into the Top 10.

Here's my best estimate

1. San Fran takes Alex Smith
2. Minnesota takes Braylon Edwards (trade)
3. Cleveland takes Mike Williams
4. Chicago takes Cedric Benson
5. Tampa takes Ronnie Brown
6. Tennessee takes Alex Barron
7. Miami takes Antrel Rolle (but I wish it was Rodgers or Matt Jones) (trade)
8. Arizona takes Aaron Rodgers (Kurt Warner Junior)
9. Oakland takes Pac-Man Jones (trade: Charles Woodson)
10. Detroit takes Derrick Johnson

In this scenario I have Rodgers making a late slide based on coaches being uncomfortable with the Tedford association, and also because a lot of teams have not gotten a good look at him because they assumed he would be taken by San Fran.

And once again, Denny Green will look like a fricking genius for taking the sliding QB with the awesome physical skills. He did it with Culpepper, he'll do it again with Rodgers. And Rodgers armstrength and mobility make him good for Denny's system.

Back
Top Bottom