My version of our dime | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My version of our dime

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
With Sammy Knight aboard, I would love to see us go 6 DBs more often with Sammy playing LB along with Zach. We could then line up Brock, Pat, Sam, Fletcher and T-Buck behind them. That sounds like a tough backfield to pass against. I would substitute Freeman in there for Fletcher/T Buck if the team we are playing is like us and goes w/3 WR and a TE instead of 4 WR

That's a pretty cool idea. I don't know that I would place Knight in there if it's a relatively short down....as that could make us susceptible extra yardage on the ground (LB power vs safety power).

I'd love to hear DolfanMike's take on this.

Originally posted by dolphan39
With Sammy Knight aboard, I would love to see us go 6 DBs more often with Sammy playing LB along with Zach. We could then line up Brock, Pat, Sam, Fletcher and T-Buck behind them. That sounds like a tough backfield to pass against. I would substitute Freeman in there for Fletcher/T Buck if the team we are playing is like us and goes w/3 WR and a TE instead of 4 WR

I hadn`t thought of that. GREAT idea
on the lb set-up!

While that sounds like a neat idea, one word comes to mind for the opposing teams...... audible.

On third an very long it would be good to see that but like IceStorm said you could see a lot of audible on shorter situation.

we are talking 3 and long, i.e. 6+ yards

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I would go with a draw to counter that play on short yardage (6-8 yards) or a screen.
that's fine, but I am expecting a SS as big a Knight to be able to remember his USC LB skills and help Zach stop those. My point is that I believe we can stop the long run on 3rd and long and I forgot 1 key element of my plan: the DL w/b OGun, J Will, Zgonina and JT

Originally posted by dolphan39
that's fine, but I am expecting a SS as big a Knight to be able to remember his USC LB skills and help Zach stop those. My point is that I believe we can stop the long run on 3rd and long and I forgot 1 key element of my plan: the DL w/b OGun, J Will, Zgonina and JT

I agree with everything you say, 39. Now, can I have the lady in your avatar? :D

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I agree with everything you say, 39. Now, can I have the lady in your avatar? :D
I ain;t sharing Amber w/anyone :sleep: in my dreams :)

Originally posted by IceStorm
While that sounds like a neat idea, one word comes to mind for the opposing teams...... audible.

Audible?? Ain't that som'n WE used to do, once upon a time?? :lol: I don't know why we don't use it. it ain't like Norv's not up in the booth ssing what's going on. It would be his call basically and Jay/Brian would only be the messenger.

Back
Top Bottom