My very early Dolphins mock draft with trades.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My very early Dolphins mock draft with trades..

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know I'll probably change my mind a few times before april. This mock draft is asuming that O-gun leaves(not that I want him to)and we'd get a 1st and a 3rd for him leaving.Is hard for me to say who we should pick 1st before I know what team takes O-gun away from us so I'll say is a team in the late 10's but before our own pick at 20.Here's what I'd do. I'd keep the pick we got for O-gun and then I'd trade down our 20th a few spots down for an extra 3rd and that'd give us 2 1st's and 3 picks in round 3. We need help at QB, WR,OT,OG,S and DE if O-gun leaves.So here it goes and fire away guys.

1-Michael Clayton-WR,6'4-200-LSU
1-Cody Pickett-QB,6'4-215-Washington
3-Chris Snee-G,6'3-331-Boston College
3-Carlos Joseph-OT,6'6-322-Miami
3-Jason Babin-DE,6'4-276-Western Michigan
4-Jason Shivers,S,6'0-192-Arizona ST

I'm sure most people here like Clayton and so do I.I also know some of you guys like Rivers, I'm not sold on him and I think Picket has a chance to start very early on the NFL. The guy also can trow the deep ball and we've been missing that.. Snee may not be there but guards do drop a lot and he's a good one. Perry's getting old and Nails might not even be back. We need help at guard. Joseph could play RT for us if Wade does leave. We need to get younger and stronger up front and I really think these guys could help along with Seth.

On defence, Babin went to a smaller school but he did great there and at that point we can take a chance. Shivers had a few probems but he's got the talent and again, we can take a chance in round 4. In the later rounds we should think about a punter and/or a kicker imo.

Ozzy rules!!
UP THE IRONS!!

as for it being an early mock, it's late in terms of this board, haha... cody pickett, in the first round? not for nothing, never happen

ewww

Well, I'd take him in the 2nd myself but we don't have one and I don't see him lasting till the 3rd. I'm not sold on Rivers and Losman's attitute sucks for what I've read. So who else?

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

how did miami get 3 first rounders?

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
how did miami get 3 first rounders?
Where did you see 3 1st rounders? We have one and I'm asuming that O-gun leaves so that'd give us 2 in round 1. The 3 picks in round 3 are our own, the one we also get for O-gun leaving and the trade down for a lower 1st and a 3rd.

Ozzy rules!!

Mike Clayton is my true dream at #20(considering R-Will likely going before that), and I would love to land him. As for Pickett, no way in the first round should any team consider him as of now. He MAY move up into the 2nd, but there's a decent chance he's a 3rd round QB.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Mike Clayton is my true dream at #20(considering R-Will likely going before that), and I would love to land him. As for Pickett, no way in the first round should any team consider him as of now. He MAY move up into the 2nd, but there's a decent chance he's a 3rd round QB.
But the thing is, will he be there by the time we pick in round 3?I doubt that. What QB would you take late in the 1st round if you had to take one?

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Nah just trade down into the second that's all.

I love the first pick in MICHAEL CLAYTON.

I might be tempted to take Vernon Carey (2nd #1 scenario) after trading down to the bottom of the first round. Carey could start right away at right guard. He just needs to get his weight down to the 340 range for his ankles to support him.

Then I would hope to grab a QB in the 3rd...be it Rivers, Pickett or best available.

After that...just take the guy who has the best chance of making the team...DT, C, LB, KR/WR

I only see us drafting one offensive lineman (one that could play more than one position, G/RT)...unless we grab one for the practice squad. We just don't have enough roster spots available because of the need to keep WHITLEY and add an experienced vet Free agent or two.

Originally posted by Danny

But the thing is, will he be there by the time we pick in round 3?I doubt that.

Those are the kind've stuff you do beyond the 2nd round. You take a player that you like in the 4th, because you don't pick again until the 6th and you know he won't be there. But in the 1st, you don't do that when you don't pick again until the 3rd. You don't take late-2nd/3rd round talent. You know what I mean?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Those are the kind've stuff you do beyond the 2nd round. You take a player that you like in the 4th, because you don't pick again until the 6th and you know he won't be there. But in the 1st, you don't do that when you don't pick again until the 3rd. You don't take late-2nd/3rd round talent. You know what I mean?
Yes, I understand what you're saying. Maybe we could trade down into the 2nd round for a couple for a couple of more picks. I guess I just have a good feeling that this guy can turn out to be very good for us. I've never liked taking a player higher than we should but with QB's is a little different this year. I don't like Losman or Rivers and I don't think Picket'll last till round 3 but is still eraly so we'll see.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

I love Clayton at 20, but Pickett isnt a first round pick. I'd much rather try for Vernon Carey, who I think has a chance at being there late 1st round. Then, I take Schaub in the 3rd.
BTW, Carlos Joseph is garbage, he'll be much worse than Wade Smith.

Carlos Joseph is a project pick for day two.

Someone will prob take him in day 1, but he's at best a slightly above average O-Lineman. And with a major down year for UM's O-Line, it took a Joe McGrath injury to get him in the starting lineup.

Back
Top Bottom