My view on the Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My view on the Situation

ether79

Down but not out!
Reaction score
I think people are making to much out of the negatives of this whole thing. Worse case scenario he fails another drug test or quits again. Now in that case what happens? A probable media circus, which happened last year and we finished 4-12. I don't think the players will be any worse off this year we have a #2 overall pick to fall back on, only possibly Saban image for allowing him to come back. This time it wouldn't be as bad as last year be we finally have highly qualified coaches, a more talented team, and seemingly good depth at RB. I don't believe Saban is basing the WHOLE offense around Ricky(maybe 10-20 plays).Ok then, so whats the upside? Ricky might be able to get back some of that 2002 form and add another wrinkle defenses have to gameplan for. Maybe it's possible Ricky has a good season (700yrds, 7-8tds on limited PT)shows other teams in the league he does still have the talent to produce in this league and then come next draft we get something out him, whatever the compensation 3, 4th rounder just something. Maybe Saban keeps him the next year, who knows. IMO the upside outweighs the downside. The ONLY people who should've had a voice in him coming back were the players that he bailed out on last season and I'm sure Saban gave them a voice in this matter before he decided to let Ricky come back. I'm neutral in this argument, but if the players don't mind having him back then neither do I. He let me down as a fan, as a person who bleeds aqua and orange and I hated him for that, but what he did to the Fins players was definitely more personal than what he did to us as fans. If they're up for the ramifications of what could happen allowing him back then so am I. I'm a little drunk here so thats the best I could do at the moment explaining my take.

What are you talking about? Did I miss something here?

Who is Ricky Williams?

...and why have I not read about this whole situation before!!!??? :angry:

DolphinDevil28 said:
What are you talking about? Did I miss something here?

Who is Ricky Williams?

...and why have I not read about this whole situation before!!!??? :angry:
Sorry man I just wanted to give my take.

ether79 said:
Sorry man I just wanted to give my take.

Awww, come on now, you know me better than that. It's ME!! I'm kidding!

Hey, I agree with you 100%, I think it's a win-win. Good post!

DolphinDevil28 said:
Awww, come on now, you know me better than that. It's ME!! I'm kidding!

Hey, I agree with you 100%, I think it's a win-win. Good post!
Yeah you never know when it comes to posting about the guy.;)

ether79 said:
Yeah you never know when it comes to posting about the guy.;)

Everyone knows DD28 is one of the biggest, most sarcastic jokesters on here.

...but everything you said in that post, basically reflects my feelings as well.

ether79 said:
I'm a little drunk here so thats the best I could do at the moment explaining my take.
On a Thursday at 1:30am???? Hope you don't work tomorrow.:lol:

gofins said:
On a Thursday at 1:30am???? Hope you don't work tomorrow.:lol:

Well atleast I'm not the only person up at this time.

Back
Top Bottom