My Views of the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Views of the game

Crisdeman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Wade Smith - Not too shabby, when i was focusing on him in the beginning he was handling hugh douglas 1 on 1 a few times. He was hanging on by the seat of his pants but he managed to change douglas' direction keeping him away from fiedler long enough to find a reciever. Time will tell but this was a nice start for him.

Fiedler - Looked pretty sharp, he really needs to SLIDE damn it, on that scramble he shouldnt have taken those hits, too important.

Griese - Looked better than the last game, hopefully the improvement will continue.

Charlie Rogers - Damn he looked good, he's a TD threat anytime he gets a sliver of space.

Simmons - This guy has speed to burn, he's definetly a big play threat wherever we use him, perhaps a diminished return role for Minor, but i think its still too early because minor is a good returner.

Tolver - Solid performance, I like his attitude when he makes a play, we need firey guys out there to get the team going.

Seau - Looked good, improved as the game went on. Early on I recall seeing him take a really bad angle on a screen, but he played a solid game overall.

Fletcher - Got beat a couple of times but he almost took one to the house, I liked the way he gambled for that pick, makes me think he's a little more comfortable in the system and finding opportunities to make a big play or 2.

Jenkins - He was all over the place, but he hurt his hammy:( . I hate those injuries because even if they arent serious they linger for weeks.

Ogunleye - He was impressive, in the backfield disrupting the play quite a few times.

Leonard Henry - I think he is above edwards now on the depth chart. He was impressive, the guy has nice moves to freeze up the defenders and can hit that 2nd gear instantly. We cant afford to let this guy get away, he's too good and too young.

Edwards - Solid game, hopefully he opened some eyes and maybe we can deal him for a 6th or 7th. Last thing i would want to see is us cutting him and someone like the patriots picking him up.

Thats all I can really think of, its been a long day:drinker:.
What did you get from the game?

Agree, although a couple of time I thought Jenkins was late and climbed on the pile just to climb on the pile. I thought Grigsby looked good also. I too, would hate to see Edwards go to a rival but he should be playing somewhere. Henry just looked better. If Edwards can play fullback then I say get rid of Femi. He didn't show much.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Agree, although a couple of time I thought Jenkins was late and climbed on the pile just to climb on the pile. I thought Grigsby looked good also. I too, would hate to see Edwards go to a rival but he should be playing somewhere. Henry just looked better. If Edwards can play fullback then I say get rid of Femi. He didn't show much.

thats not going to happen. norv wanted femi last year but was overturned by wanny to keep dyer. Now norv is going to get his chance to keep femi. Femi played well and i noticed he had a really good block on a pass play. good blocking and good pass catching ability will get the spot. Dyer is not Norvs kind of FB. sorry. and robert edwards is not a blocker.

I also wanted to give props to travis minor for running the ball very well in light of his father dying. i think that Henry and Minor have a connection with the recent deaths.

Originally posted by finfan54

thats not going to happen. norv wanted femi last year but was overturned by wanny to keep dyer. Now norv is going to get his chance to keep femi. Femi played well and i noticed he had a really good block on a pass play. good blocking and good pass catching ability will get the spot. Dyer is not Norvs kind of FB. sorry. and robert edwards is not a blocker.

Oh I know, fat chance. I just hate to see Edwards go after what he's been through. Sentimentality creeping in. If he is the one to go I hope he gets picked up as quick as Baker was.

Heck...wait another week and we might be able to get a 5th/4th conditional out of Parcells.

Finfan54, sorry to disagree with you but I didn't see Femi block much last night. He might have made a block on a pass play but when he tried to block on any running play, the BEST that I saw him do is get in the guy's way...never did I see him move a guy out of the hole or even stand a guy up. I'm not impressed at all. Norv likes his versatility and he's more similar in style to Konrad than Dyer...but he can't block! Isn't that the primary function of our fullback? I think it's much more important for our running back to be able to run the ball than it is for our fullback to be able to catch it. And Ricky's not averaging 4.8 YPC with Femi out in front.

Femi? I like Femi.
He made some nice catches out of the backfield. Unless I'm thinking of someone else..? :confused:

Yeah...catches. He can definitely catch the ball. But he can't block. It would be one thing if we were talking about a receiver but we're talking about a fullback whose primary responsibility it is to open holes for Ricky (or any of our tailbacks) and i didn't see him do it once all night.

I agree, Jenkins was late on a lot of them, but he was in on almost every tackle. If he keeps getting his reps and keeps learning he'll start getting there earlier and earlier. The thing that gets me is that the guy has only been playing LB for like 2 months now and is looking good, imagine how he may get towards the end of the year, might have the opportunity to make some impact plays.

Grigsby looked good, he was almost as disruptive as ogunleye but he completely whiffed on that sack when the jags QB ran out of the pocket.

That was one thing that was disturbing, the mobile athletic QB's that the jags had were breaking off huge runs out of the pocket. I wonder how we're going to handle Vick this coming week.

Femi is doing pretty good, he's managed to take dyers spot and has been solid as a reciever to dump it off to. I did see him make a couple of blocks, nothing impressive but still took his man out of the play. The way I see it, konrad is our best blocker so as long as femi continues to catch the ball and make decent blocks why not have another pass catching threat. If I were edwards i wouldnt want to become a fullback because theres a pretty solid chance that someone will scoop him up and get him the playing time he deserves. As the 2nd fullback with us he would see less time than last year.

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot
Thanks for the update. Us finfans in the midwest appreciate it!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

No problem man, gotta keep all fin fans in the know:D

Back
Top Bottom