my warning points | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my warning points

Maynard the Hammer

you are the nail
Reaction score
from post #3 from this thread.

i dont really care about the points, but i think its worth me pointing out that if anyone has read 6K of my near 7K posts, the absolute last thing anyone would ever accuse me of is being an anti-semite or a jew-hater.

in fact, through a 13 page thread, not a single person (including our fin-brother living in Tel Aviv) took issue with my post ...well aside from the mod, of course.

i would confidently say the everyone participating in that thread knew exactly what i meant with that post.

I saw that when you posted it, I know you were just joking, I thought it was funny, but at the same time I understand the warning, I mean then whats to stop everyone from saying mean stereotypical things about every race or religon?

Alex44 said:
I saw that when you posted it, I know you were just joking, I thought it was funny,
yup. in fact, i was more than joking. my post reflected what, IMO, has been implied during this conflict in lebanon
but at the same time I understand the warning, I mean then whats to stop everyone from saying mean stereotypical things about every race or religon?
yeah. i can live with that

Maynard said:
from post #3 from this thread.

i dont really care about the points, but i think its worth me pointing out that if anyone has read 6K of my near 7K posts, the absolute last thing anyone would ever accuse me of is being an anti-semite or a jew-hater.

in fact, through a 13 page thread, not a single person (including our fin-brother living in Tel Aviv) took issue with my post ...well aside from the mod, of course.

i would confidently say the everyone participating in that thread knew exactly what i meant with that post.

I think everyone in POFO knew that it was a joke. Was the Mod who gave the warning a non-PoFo regular? I can see where an outsider might have seen the post and judged it on face value and not seen the joke.

Smileys are your best friend, my brother.

Celtkin said:
I think everyone in POFO knew that it was a joke. Was the Mod who gave the warning a non-PoFo regular? I can see where an outsider might have seen the post and judged it on face value and not seen the joke.

Smileys are your best friend, my brother.
yeah it was not one of the regulars.

EDIT: i should have used a smiley. i like to keep people guessing, but this probably wasnt a good post to for someone to guess

it is my opinion that warning points are way over the top lately... and often quite personal in their distribution...

the stuff that gets whipped on, and the stuff that receives a pass cross eachother's boundaries routinely...

I'm a bit surprised that non-PoFo regular moderators are venturing into that forum. My guess would have to be that if it's a true non-regular, somebody may have reported the post.

I think it was a very simple misunderstanding and was viewed out context.

Mods and Admins here are responsible for policing every forum and if you can imagine the surprise if a non-POFO 'regular' MOD or Admin wanders in and sees Maynard apparently slamming Jews, I'm sure you can understand their reaction.

We can't fault the MOD but we can ask that the decision be reconsidered. That is how the system is set up and Maynard has already asked for a review so the process is in gear

Maynard said:

EDIT: i should have used a smiley. i like to keep people guessing, but this probably wasnt a good post to for someone to guess

We all know you are a Jew-loving right winger...Heck, even Press came to bat for you.:wink:

Maynard said:

I've noticed that about your posts Maynard.It takes reading a "few" posts from members to get a feel for intent. I consider you a quality poster,I fully "saw" you were just playing around in that thread.Keep doing what you do Maynard I enjoy reading your contributions.

Btw most of my posts are lighthearted and I do read a lot more than I post.I do agree with Celtkin about the smiley's,I insert them often to emphasize intent as not to offend.

PHINATIC13 said:
I've noticed that about your posts Maynard.It takes reading a "few" posts from members to get a feel for intent. I consider you a quality poster,I fully "saw" you were just playing around in that thread.Keep doing what you do Maynard I enjoy reading your contributions.

Btw most of my posts are lighthearted and I do read a lot more than I post.I do agree with Celtkin about the smiley's,I insert them often to emphasize intent as not to offend.

Off topic but I love your new avatar, bro

Back
Top Bottom