my warning points | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my warning points

It's not obvious to everyone.

Maynard, anyone, and I mean,....a...ny...one, can read that comment, and you can't expect all of them to know your post history or have your sense of humor ( ? ). So perhaps, in the future, you can make your intentions a little more clear....for all who may read it.

inFINSible said:

Maynard, anyone, and I mean,....a...ny...one, can read that comment, and you can't expect all of them to know your post history or have your sense of humor ( ? ). So perhaps, in the future, you can make your intentions a little more clear....for all who may read it.

keyword: all

a lot of people do read that forum from time to time and would pick up something like that and not relize your stand on it. Remember the POFO is still part of Finheaven and must follow the same forum rules.

I know a lot of you feel a tighter connection in the PoFo as many Lounge Lizards do and all the Graphic Battle Nuts do as well, but as well they must all follow the ToS.

I have killed some graphic entries before and given points because it didn't follow the ToS and same thing in the lounge.

inFINSible said:

Very true but I guess thats why Mofos are a little shocked because we know maynard well enough to know he is far from a bigot / racist. Even me being fairly new in Pofo I know he is not.....but eh thatll teach maynard to try to get crafty.:wink:

Miamian said:
I don't understand. That was obvious sarcasm.

Sarcasm or not a Jewish person could be offended.

edit: anyone could be offened for that matter.

Spray Mucus said:
Sarcasm or not a Jewish person could be offended.

edit: anyone could be offened for that matter.
Possibly. But, I happen to be Jewish.

Miamian said:
Possibly. But, I happen to be Jewish.

are you king of the Jewish people? If one person is offened then it's flat out wrong! Just because you happen to be Jewish and you where not offened doesn't mean the next won't be...

read the reply above you.

this was a justified punishment.

Spray Mucus said:
are you king of the Jewish people? If one person is offened then it's flat out wrong! Just because you happen to be Jewish and you where not offened doesn't mean the next won't be...

read the reply above you.

this was a justified punishment.

I never said anything that purports me to have any rank among Jews.

1. I stated the possibility in my post that a Jewish person could take offense.

2. I never stated anything that purports that I have any rank among Jews. I set myself solely as an example of one Jewish person who didn't take offense because he
a. knows Maynard
b. recognizes obvious sarcasm
c. realizes the pitfalls of being too careful

3. I invite you to check this yourself: I believe that Maynard was referring to me when he referenced "our FinBrother in Tel Aviv." I have never seen another FinHeaven poster in Israel in my nearly five years on the site. Furthermore, Maynard PM'd me this morning on the issue.

Miamian said:
I never said anything that purports me to have any rank among Jews.

1. I stated the possibility in my post that a Jewish person could take offense.

2. I never stated anything that purports that I have any rank among Jews. I set myself solely as an example of one Jewish person who didn't take offense because he
a. knows Maynard
b. recognizes obvious sarcasm
c. realizes the pitfalls of being too careful

3. I invite you to check this yourself: I believe that Maynard was referring to me when he referenced "our FinBrother in Tel Aviv." I have never seen another FinHeaven poster in Israel in my nearly five years on the site. Furthermore, Maynard PM'd me this morning on the issue.

-king of Jewish-
It was a rhetorical question, and I should have labeled it that, seeing as how things can be taken out of context if you don't do so. My fault on that one.

Which is the exact purpose of his warning points, what may seem OBVIOUS to you and I may not be to Joe Shmoe, unless of corse you LABEL it as so... as you can see, even though Maynard has been warned, he still has not edited the post to make it known it was sarcasm. So it may continue to offend some people.

Just because you and Maynard know each other, doesn't mean you should look over the fact that it MAY be offensive to people NOT in the know.

get it?

Maynard, I understood your sarcasm...but then I "know" you from your posts. The Admins are right, though; anyone wandering in, not knowing the landscape could be deeply hurt in an unnecessary way by reading something like that and taking it at face value.

But don't sweat it, we live and learn...the points will be history in less than a month and the slate will be wiped clean then.

Until then...smileys, my friend; smileys.

Back
Top Bottom