“Mystery” Defensive Lineman Gaining Notice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Mystery” Defensive Lineman Gaining Notice

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Canadian defensive lineman Vaughn Martin is emerging as an eye-catching sleeper NFL draft prospect after a series of strong workouts.
The 6′4,” 327-pound Western Ontario standout ran the 40-yard dash in 5.04 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 32 times at his recent Pro Day.
There’s also a new YouTube video where Martin launches a scout into the air in a drill.

A former Michigan State recruit who opted to remain close to home and play in Canada, Martin left Western Ontario with three years of eligibility remaining to declare for the NFL draft.
“I’m raw, but I am extremely athletic,” Martin told NFL.com. “I am bigger than most of the guys already playing those positions and I’m tough. With me, you get a blank canvas to mold into whatever you want to mold me into.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Wait. Wait. THAT guy is 6'4" and 327 pounds????

Are you kidding me? Where is he hiding that weight?

That's the kind of guy you could probably get to gain 40 more pounds just because...why not?

Interesting but unless he showed something on the field Im not a big fan of judging a guy just on a workout. Would much rather have Cris Baker Who Im a big fan of. I have seen this guy play in person and he is a good project player.

They all have their place. I'd probably recruit this Martin guy undrafted, see what he does in our off season conditioning program, then re-assess.

Chris Baker does have a past.

That video is supposed to impress people? "launches a scout into the air"? he pushed a middle aged, dumpy looking white guy onto his back. come on lol.

They all have their place. I'd probably recruit this Martin guy undrafted, see what he does in our off season conditioning program, then re-assess.

Chris Baker does have a past.

I dont like troublemakers but sometimes people are young and stupid. IM more concerned with a 30 year old guy like Joey Porter participating in an assault. I think we should study his background but sometimes things do happen. I like him as a prospect though but if we uncover that he is not worth the risk I would have no problem passing.

he's clearly a better pro prospect than Idonje ( a DT from the calagary dinos who now plays a big role in the bears rotation) and look where that guy is right now...

Vaughn Martin will be drafted by the colts in round 5 or 6, they have an outstanding scout who works in canada and he's found them guys like samuel giguere, kenton keith, and their newly signed offensive linemen. Vaughn martin isn't going un-noticed by other teams, but the colts have no fear of picking players from here (canada), because they've had success doing so. other teams might be hesitant and would consider him a UFA only.

Back
Top Bottom