Nails' Helmet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails' Helmet

Chauncey

GOD si smailliW ykciR
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen one split open like that...I've seen small cracks develop, but never to the point where they break open on the field...

What happened ?

My understanding was he was blocking Ted Johnson and they went head to head, must have been one heck of a collision! Wish I could see the block someplace. I would imagine the cold also had a part in it breaking as well.

Ted Johnson whacked him. At which point Jaime smiled, broken helmet in hand and said:

"so THIS is the kind of game it's going to be, huh?"

I doubt he said anything, in the middle of the game you don't come up with such witty statements.

I don't know for a fact. That's what Nails said according to TJ in one of his post game comments.

But to say that things like that aren't said in the midst of a game is just foolish. Don't you ever watch ESPN or MNF? They mike those guys all the time. Some of that stuff is hilarious.

Maybe Muck can find out, he has it on tape I believe.

I read that somewhere this morning, but I'll be damned if I can find it again.

Nails made the intial contact. They both had their heads down, and Nails popped him. Both men went down, and Jamie had no helmet.

It really wasn't that big of a collision. I think it was either a faulty helmet, or the cold just caused it to fail.

Either was, it should be sold on E bay for charity. ;)

DolFan87, I just realized you were member #2. That's awesome. Speaking of helmets, did you see that play by Deuce McAllister, when his helmet came off and he still kept onr unning and stiff arming defenders.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
I read that somewhere this morning, but I'll be damned if I can find it again.

I saw that too. I recall it as the Pats player saying "he looked at us LIKE he was saying 'so that's how it's going to be?'"

It struck me as the kind of thing you say in the locker room after... if you've won.

No big deal. A helmet splitting is a fluke occurrence.

So what's the point, remember that nails was wearing that stupid "revolution" helmet that is supposed to be ultra light.

I guess those helmets suck.

"Looked at me like" = Johnson "assumed" that Jamie was thinking that by the look on his face.

Probably just trying to get some media hype.

Back
Top Bottom