Nails' Helmet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails' Helmet

Originally posted by Section126
So what's the point, remember that nails was wearing that stupid "revolution" helmet that is supposed to be ultra light.

I guess those helmets suck.

No point......at least no useful one.

It's just that you said earlier
"I doubt he said anything, in the middle of the game you don't come up with such witty statements."

....and a few of us knew we'd read something about it somewhere. So there it is...for what little it's worth.

Originally posted by Section126
I doubt he said anything, in the middle of the game you don't come up with such witty statements.

Of course, by early evening, after Gillette Stadium was awash in snowball fights and dancing Santas, it was Wannstedt and the Dolphins who had been beaten by the Patriots' defense. They held the Dolphins to 134 yards and seven first downs in their 12-0 victory. They hit the Dolphins so hard that Ted Johnson shattered Jamie Nails' helmet with a helmet-to-helmet hit.

"[Nails] looked at me like, `Is that the way it's going to be?'" Johnson recalled. "And we were like, `Yeah, that's the way it's going to be.'"

SOURCE: From the Florida paper called the Sentinel.

Originally posted by WiGGy

Of course, by early evening, after Gillette Stadium was awash in snowball fights and dancing Santas, it was Wannstedt and the Dolphins who had been beaten by the Patriots' defense. They held the Dolphins to 134 yards and seven first downs in their 12-0 victory. They hit the Dolphins so hard that Ted Johnson shattered Jamie Nails' helmet with a helmet-to-helmet hit.

"[Nails] looked at me like, `Is that the way it's going to be?'" Johnson recalled. "And we were like, `Yeah, that's the way it's going to be.'"

SOURCE: From the Florida paper called the Sentinel.

Sounds like words were never spoken but actions said it all. Sounded like a stare down...................

I think what really happened is that Jamie Nails just got fatter and fatter as the game went on until his helmet bursted off. It makes sense to me.

Hey, at least it was the helmet the blew up instead of his skull! The helmet did its job.

Hey.. It could only happen in a Patriot game.. How long was Nails out of the game for waiting for a new helment?

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Hey.. It could only happen in a Patriot game.. How long was Nails out of the game for waiting for a new helment?

Probably as long as it takes to hollow out a volkwagon bug and strap a chinsrap on it. You seen that guy's head? :eek:

I've never seen anything like that helmet split in two! Anyone know where to get a pic of it? My friends didn't see it, and don't believe me!

Back
Top Bottom