Najee Harris | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

I get that logic if it was a top 10 pick. What if it’s late 1st round? Generational? I don’t know but Harris, Misi, Odeick and I don’t think Iggy ends up being “generational”, Hell average would have been nice.

I would hands down have taken Swift or Taylor with our last 1st rounder this past draft. Now with our first pick (Houston) I want a Parsons/Chase but if the second first is later or even our first second give me Harris or Etienne and I am happy as Hell.
I'd be okay with a RB in the 20-32 range if he's a day 1 RB1, so in a trade down scenario, I'd be thrilled with Najee Harris. I'd be all over him with our highest 2 if he's there. I wanted him on day 2 last year before he decided to stay in school, and since then, he's been even more impressive carrying the load for the Bama offense.

Preference:

1a: Micah Parsons/Gregory Rousseau
1b: Jaylen Waddle/DeVonta Smith
2a: Najee Harris/Travis Etienne

BPA the rest of the way.

Would like to find a center but I don't know much about any beyond Creed Humphrey.

I'd be okay with a RB in the 20-32 range if he's a day 1 RB1, so in a trade down scenario, I'd be thrilled with Najee Harris. I'd be all over him with our highest 2 if he's there. I wanted him on day 2 last year before he decided to stay in school, and since then, he's been even more impressive carrying the load for the Bama offense.

Preference:

1a: Micah Parsons/Gregory Rousseau
1b: Jaylen Waddle/DeVonta Smith
2a: Najee Harris/Travis Etienne

BPA the rest of the way.

Would like to find a center but I don't know much about any beyond Creed Humphrey.
That draft scenario looks good to me.

I think we will have a legit shot at him with one of our firsts. He's obviously a first round talent and looking at Gaskins, Howard and Brieda I think we are prime for a Najee/Tua backfield. Thoughts??
We have two firsts. He must be picked with one of those 1s. The other should be either a WR or DT.

If we take a RB and a WR in Round One I am killing someone.

If we take a RB and a WR in Round One I am killing someone.
You are right we need another dud DE (Harris), DT (Odrick), LB (Misi) or CB (Iggy). Seriously this is getting old. How about we just get the BEST talent available reguardless of position? A novel concept I know but maybe we shake it up.

The only 1st round player that has given us much the last few years that is still on the roster and contributing is a WR. Doesn’t mean I don’t take a Parsons with 1st pick but yeah give me a WR with that 2nd 1st and RB with that 1st 2nd.

I was not targeting you Jim as you seem to be a good poster but this is a widespread belief on here that certain positions are premium and others are an afterthought. But it does no good to say you don’t waste a pick on a certain position then go out and pick “busts” at the “premium” positions. If the BPA is a WR or RB over the 4th best DE then take him. Period.

Last edited:
There is ZERO chance that a RB will be the "BEST talent available" when the Fins pick in round 1.

So that should not be an issue.

As I have said many, MANY times here, find me a team who is happy that they took a RB in Round 1.

Carolina with McCaffery(maybe)and KC who took Edwards-Hellaire with #32.

There is ZERO chance that a RB will be the "BEST talent available" when the Fins pick in round 1.

As I have said many, MANY times here, find me a team who is happy that they took a RB in Round 1.

I would say Elliott delivered for Dallas, I would say LA was happy that Gurley carried them to a SB even with knee issues. Again I am talking the SECOND 1st.

Would you want Misi, Harris, Odrick over Etienne or Harris? Not me. BPA at the Phins 2nd 1st? All depends on where the pick ends up. You stating that there is ZERO chance a guy like Etienne is BPA is wrong.

If you consider the high pick and all the $$ Elliot has hardly "delivered for Dallas" .

And the fact that you have to dig up a guy that LA dumped after regretting his contract is very telling.

If KC was happy they probably wouldn't feel the need to bring in Bell.

If you consider the high pick and all the $$ Elliot has hardly "delivered for Dallas" .

And the fact that you have to dig up a guy that LA dumped after regretting his contract is very telling.
How many of the guys that I just mentioned DESERVED a second contract? As a Dolphin fan that answer is ZERO. Gurley had knee issues that was a buyer beware from the get go. But guess what he did his job. None of those bums did jack for us. I would give up a MILLION firsts to have a RB carry us to a SB.

You have to actually achieve something to regret a second contract. How has an All Pro (Elliott) that has led the league in rushing in multiple years “not delivering”? You do know there are 33 players that make a difference on a Sunday.

Last edited:
If KC was happy they probably wouldn't feel the need to bring in Bell.
What if they drafted Swift or Taylor? What if we drafted Watt instead of Harris? Maybe it’s the player, not the position. Hellaire also just ran for 160 yds on the Bills when this happened.

How do you guys view Najee as a prospect vs JK Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor who came out last year?

I would think he ranks pretty evenly with those two guys.I like him more than I liked Taylor certainly.

Not sure he catches the ball as well as Dobbins.

It looks like Miami wants to be a physical running team and Harris would fit that to a T. Not super explosive but a beast between the tackles who is no fun to tackle.

Derrick Henry without the 5th gear maybe?

He is tall like Henry.

Back
Top Bottom