Namath Comments on Shula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Namath Comments on Shula

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Yes some nice comments by Joe.
In fact he leading the Jets to victory in SB lll was one of the best things to ever happen to the Dolphins, as Shula if he had won may of stayed with the Colts and never come down to led the Fins to their 2 SB wins including the perfect season.

Yes some nice comments by Joe.
In fact he leading the Jets to victory in SB lll was one of the best things to ever happen to the Dolphins, as Shula if he had won may of stayed with the Colts and never come down to led the Fins to their 2 SB wins including the perfect season.
And in the bigger sense it legitimize the AFL

I'm not sure why, but whenever I see Broadway Joe, I recall "drunk Joe" trying tobget in Suzy Kolber's pants on national TV.

Not that I blame him, but "time and place" Joe......lol
Drunk Joe's time and place was always any time...any place

I'm not sure why, but whenever I see Broadway Joe, I recall "drunk Joe" trying tobget in Suzy Kolber's pants on national TV.

Not that I blame him, but "time and place" Joe......lol
He credits that with being his bottom which led him to sobriety.

I can't fault him, I've always had a crush on Suzy myself.

BTW, in their SB win Joe threw zero passes in the 2nd half of that game. Some people think he was amazing in that game but they won with defense and the running game for the most part. Not saying he had a bad game but they scored one TD

Joe Namath is actually a very cool person. Met him a few times recently at a country club. Never would of guessed he was some big playboy NFL QB if you didn't know his history.

Anywho, never knew that about Shula and Namath. Very cool that they were spent time together post Namaths NFL career.

I was stood near some of the Dolphins alumni before a Jets game, Duper told me the only Jet that would be allowed to sign a Dolphins helmet was Namath.

The only Jet within earshot was Curtis Martin, and I'd never have let him sully a Fins helmet with his squiggle (although he's a nice bloke and has a great autograph). For that matter, I wouldn't have let Namath either.

He’s neighbors with a family member and we’ve been fortunate enough to meet him several times during holidays. He’s honestly a warm funny friendly guy. True class act.
Not just anybody can make a living pitching anything from pantyhose, to noxema, to aftershave, to Nike, to Ovaltine, to popcorn makers....... Well, you get the point.

Now he's doing Medicare spots..... A half century after he was relevant as a football player...... God bless him...

Back
Top Bottom