Name 1 WR Who's Worth This Much??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name 1 WR Who's Worth This Much???

In general, no athlete in any sport is worth the money he or she makes when you look at the bigger picture. Their salaries compared to teachers, policemen, doctors, etc, but they get paid as much as they do because fans continue to watch and support the players.

Regarding how much Owens is worth, he's worth as muh as his owner feels he's worth. Not too many people feel Alex Rodriguez is worth 252 million dollars for 10 years but the Texas Rangers owner felt he was so he got paid the money.

I gotta echo the sentiment on page one. TO can demand all he wants. As long as there's a hard cap in place, he'll never get what he feels he's worth.

Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey players don't want anypart of the NFL's cap. And that's why their player associations fight against it tooth and nail. Meanwhile, the NFL remains the most competitive and most popular sport in America.

Originally posted by MsAmanda
Yeah, Jasmine you know you gotta keep the board free from clutter so that we can read posts where females get asked how "hot" they are. Maybe that has something to do with with the Dolphins. :confused:

You have a point.

For those of you that think you can run the board better, feel free to leave your suggestions in the proper forum, we will take all comments or criticisms and mull them over carefully...other than that please let the mods and mentors run the boards w/out your help.....If I asked that this not be in the Dolphins forum then it doesn't belong here.....If it was concerning the Dolphins then it would be allowed here....What's not to understand?...MsAmanda, if your comment was directed at me specifically then you are definately barking up the wrong tree.....I was the one responsible for bringing that thread to the attention of the staff and in turn getting it at least moved to the lounge.....If you had a problem with that thread at the time then you should have let somebody know because the only reason we let it go on was that no one seemed to be getting offended by it....If we don't know there is a problem, we can't fix it.

Keep in mind when comparing player salaries that football is an 11 on 11 sport, and rosters have 53 men each roster. Thats a whole lot of players to share the pie. Baseball does not have that many people on the roster, basketball doesn't have close to that number, and I'd imagine neither does Hockey.

In an 11 on 11 sport even the superstars can't affect the games or bring the fans as much as a basketball superstar can, not so sure about baseball.

All I meant was that the ladies do get the "meat" treatment from the guys every now and then. Didn't mean anything else by it. :)

Originally posted by Migs182005
In general, no athlete in any sport is worth the money he or she makes when you look at the bigger picture. Their salaries compared to teachers, policemen, doctors, etc, but they get paid as much as they do because fans continue to watch and support the players.

Regarding how much Owens is worth, he's worth as muh as his owner feels he's worth. Not too many people feel Alex Rodriguez is worth 252 million dollars for 10 years but the Texas Rangers owner felt he was so he got paid the money.

Owens is worth a hell of a lot more than 5 mil a year and he knows it. The only reason he only gets that amount is b/c of salary restrictions placed on the nfl by the owners via the salary cap.

If the NFL didnt have it Owens would get far more than 250 mil for his services. Just look at what the European football stars make.

Back
Top Bottom