Nash wins MVP, its official.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nash wins MVP, its official..

Boik14 said:
I can easily build a case that Nash is the Magic Johnson of this era except with a higher FG %, better ast/TO ratio, but with less rebs. Magic is a slightly better scorer but Nash wrecks him in outside shooting/3's. The only thing Magic really has on Nash is about 5 inches and the advantage of playing in an era known for up tempo play while Nash plays in one of the best and most complex era's for defense ever, the mid 90's being the possible lone exception. Let me know how you feel about that.

Thats ridiculous. Magic carried teams to titles. Filling in at center and dominating the game at every position on the court at one point or another. Nash is not even close to being in Magic's class as a player. I would trade 3 Nash's for a Magic in a heartbeat.

Boik14 said:
I can easily build a case that Nash is the Magic Johnson of this era except with a higher FG %, better ast/TO ratio, but with less rebs. Magic is a slightly better scorer but Nash wrecks him in outside shooting/3's. The only thing Magic really has on Nash is about 5 inches and the advantage of playing in an era known for up tempo play while Nash plays in one of the best and most complex era's for defense ever, the mid 90's being the possible lone exception. Let me know how you feel about that.

I feel that you need to give me some of stuff you are smokin because that is some high grade stuff. :groovy:

finfansince72 said:
Thats ridiculous. Magic carried teams to titles. Filling in at center and dominating the game at every position on the court at one point or another. Nash is not even close to being in Magic's class as a player. I would trade 3 Nash's for a Magic in a heartbeat.

There not enough nashes you can make that will justify a trade for magic.

finfansince72 said:
Im talking regular season here brother. Nashs stats compare favorably. Hollinger stats and conventional stats.

Amars said:
I feel that you need to give me some of stuff you are smokin because that is some high grade stuff. :groovy:
fire insults all you like the stats back me. thanks.

Magic Johnson changed the game when he came into the league. Nash is not on Magic level IMO. If you feel that he is your probably in the minority.

Amars said:
Magic Johnson changed the game when he came into the league. Nash is not on Magic level IMO. If you feel that he is your probably in the minority.
Im not arguing that but then again at that point in time there had never been a 6'9 guard..ever. He changed it in part because of the matchup problems. None the less Nash's stats even in magics prime years compare legitimately.

Nash plays in an era where the average ppg in by both teams combined is down anywhere from 12-15 ppg from 20 years ago in magics prime. Thats a handful of potential assists per game just to give an idea on how significant an impact the fact that defense is better now is.

So whether he changed the game or not Magic stats probably wouldnt have been as good in this era and he probably wouldnt have been quite as effective. He'd be another Nash, which is no insult at all, actually a compliment.

Career Stats

Years PPG RPG APG
M. Johnson 13 19.5 7.2 11.2
S. Nash 10 13.5 2.8 7.1

Doesnt matter what era Magic will be 100x better then Nash. He can play all the positions if he wanted to.

Amars said:
Career Stats

Years PPG RPG APG
S. Nash 10 13.5 2.8 7.1

Doesnt matter what era Magic will be 100x better then Nash. He can play all the positions if he wanted to.

Those stats arent even close, Magic isnt just better statisically, his teams won more and he won titles, even in high power offenses that rack up easy buckets Nash's assist numbers are significantly lower and he can't even come close to rebounding or scoring like Magic.
If you had to choose Magic or Nash to take the final shot with your life on the line u choose Magic, anyone that says otherwise is full of $hit.

Amars said:
Career Stats

Years PPG RPG APG
S. Nash 10 13.5 2.8 7.1

Those stats dont tell the whole story...how nash's 1st 3 seasons were spent mostly on the bench. Magic made a more immediate impact which boosts his career stats and retired in his prime basically because of the hiv. Nashs stats get dragged down by those seasons.

Boik14 said:
Those stats dont tell the whole story...how nash's 1st 3 seasons were spent mostly on the bench. Magic made a more immediate impact which boosts his career stats and retired in his prime basically because of the hiv. Nashs stats get dragged down by those seasons.

Nash just hasn't been that great throughout his career. He has put together two career years in Phoenix but before that he was just a decent to good player. There is just no comparing these two players. Magic is so far ahead of Nash, there is literally no comparision Im not sure what youre even talking about here, its an extreme, EXTREME stretch to put those two together.

Back
Top Bottom