National Championship Game Will Feature Our #1 Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship Game Will Feature Our #1 Pick

Greatly prefer Evans over Smith.

Naturally bigger frame. 5 Star not 4 Star. Much more versatile including edge rush capability.

Besides, I love ultra confident competitors and Evans' decision to spurn hometown Auburn in favor of arch rival Alabama at the last minute has always stood out to be, given the immense backlash he knew he would face.
What is this 5 star vs 4 star nonsense? I've seen others mention this too, and it's the most irrelevant thing I've ever heard of when evaluating a player entering the draft. Patrick Willis, and Luke Keuchly were both 3 star recruits, players can vastly improve from HS to college then Vastly improve from college to the pros. The same can be said in reverse as well... 5 star recruits who don't amount to anything. Ronald Curry was a 5 star abd widely regarded as a better prospect than Michael Vick going into college, with people saying he could be the first person to play in the NFL and the NBA and then did didly squat at UNC in both sports.

What is this 5 star vs 4 star nonsense? I've seen others mention this too, and it's the most irrelevant thing I've ever heard of when evaluating a player entering the draft. Patrick Willis, and Luke Keuchly were both 3 star recruits, players can vastly improve from HS to college then Vastly improve from college to the pros. The same can be said in reverse as well... 5 star recruits who don't amount to anything. Ronald Curry was a 5 star abd widely regarded as a better prospect than Michael Vick going into college, with people saying he could be the first person to play in the NFL and the NBA and then did didly squat at UNC in both sports.

I suggest you never wager on anything.

Quenton Nelson I don't care about the position he plays the guys a stud trade down if need be.

Smith or Evans could be products of the defensive scheme. I'd hate to get these guys and have Burke be unable to properly use their talents. I suppose we need to find LBers who would excel in the wide 9 defense.

James has a chance to be there..I'm getting gitty..

James is a freak...a legit size/weight athlete that few can match (if you add in his football ability that number would be smaller). I was hard on James at some points this season, but it has a lot to do with Fisher and being one foot out the door most of the season and C. Kelly being a piss poor DC. James is an A+ SS an A- FS and an A+ hybrid. He is one of a few players that can come on day one like he did at FSU and have an impact. He's a dude.

Also, this stuff about production...Ramsey was questioned as well and he is only the best young CB in the NFL...All-pro year 2.

Can't go very wrong with either player but I think Matt Burke may have signaled something when he pointed out that they were really thin at safety to where they felt like they couldn't get creative in using T.J. McDonald as a hybridized LB/S type of player. Plans for him this way would also explain why they were so quick to sign McDonald to a big extension.

There's a chance they legitimately thought when McDonald came off suspension they'd have a three safety package featuring Nate Allen, T.J. McDonald, and Reshad Jones.

Nate Allen got hurt and he's going to leave the team in the off season. So there's a void at safety if this is the way they're thinking.

Back
Top Bottom