National signing day! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National signing day!

Namath,Stabler,Scott Hunter..great run of QB's at Bama..back in the day.

If more people would watch old Bama games when Joe Willie was QB,before his knees were shot out..they would understand how
much of a true badass he was.

Back then Alabama football was a southern thing as they always represented the best program down this way.Everyone rooted for them vs the yankee teams. Bear was god.

If more people would watch old Bama games when Joe Willie was QB,before his knees were shot out..they would understand how much of a true badass he was.

Never happen. The younger crowd prefers the laughable nonsense that Namath was overrated. They fixate on stats and somehow believe the game was played the same then as now.

I particularly love the theme that Namath didn't do much in the Super Bowl win. I attended that game as a kid. Namath was masterful. We were sitting in the west end zone, surrounded by members of the Baltimore Colts Corral. Professional fans in fancy attire. They were frustrated all game that Namath was slowing the game down and controlling possession. I can still hear them cursing under their breath, and shaking their heads. There wasn't a play clock in those days but you could do it in your head. It was obvious throughout that Namath was bleeding until the final seconds. It was brilliant strategy. The opening quarter demonstrated that Baltimore owned physical advantages. They blew the chance to take an early lead. Namath wasn't going to turn it into a free flowing game and allow the Colts to recover. Instead he made sure to control field position and ensure the fewest number of possessions possible. To this day it's one of the greatest quarterbacking performances I've ever seen. Winston Hill at left tackle was the Jets' best run blocker. Whenever Namath sensed that Hill was alone on that side, Namath changed the play and sent Matt Snell to the left.

Last weekend Peyton completed dozens of passes. Eventually the backfitting adjusters will claim Peyton had a good game. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom