NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

This is one of the toughest finals ever to predict. I want the Heat in 7, but I think the Mavs will take it (in 7).

I want Miami in 5 or 6, but my gut feeling is Dallas in 7.

I have big problems with a team seeded #4 and not even winning their division gaining homecourt over a #2 seeded team who won their division. But o'well. No excuses now, we've gotten too far for that.

My dream:

Game 1 - Miami
Game 2 - Dallas
Game 3 - Miami
Game 4 - Miami
Game 5 - Dallas
Game 6 - Miami

But I think this is going 7 either way you look at it, unless Miami can win out at home.

postermaster said:
Does anybody have the statistics of this 2 teams playing each other in regular season?

After all that has happened..I would think that people would give that regular season garbage a rest.

Dallas killed Miami twice. SHAQ didn't play in one of the games. There is your stats.

This heat team in completely different from the one in the regular season. Completely healthy, with a different rotation.

I would have rather faced Phoenix. Dallas will be a whole lot tougher.

We'll have beaten the best opponent possible if we end up winning.

Section126 said:
After all that has happened..I would think that people would give that regular season garbage a rest.

Dallas killed Miami twice. SHAQ didn't play in one of the games. There is your stats.

This heat team in completely different from the one in the regular season. Completely healthy, with a different rotation.

By statistics I meant FT%, 3 PT%, FG%, points per team (average), rebounds per team (average), asists per team (average), etc...

But thanks anyways.

postermaster said:
By statistics I meant FT%, 3 PT%, FG%, points per team (average), rebounds per team (average), asists per team (average), etc...

But thanks anyways.
Regular season means absolutely nothing.

Miami got crushed and owned 3-1 in the regular season by New Jersey.

Look what we did to them in the playoffs. :eek:

postermaster said:

But thanks anyways.
People who base their predictions on what happened in the regular season...tend to write gems like this:

read the last line

Blueprint said:
You talk to much trash, man.

Dirk can put up 75 in game 1. We still wouldn't fear him.

If you talk about fear so much, then how's about worrying about Shaq & Wade.

These two teams highly respect each other.

where is this supposed too much trash? i posted twice.....

Blueprint said:
You talk to much trash, man.

Dirk can put up 75 in game 1. We still wouldn't fear him.

If you talk about fear so much, then how's about worrying about Shaq & Wade.

These two teams highly respect each other.
he's not a mavs fan he just has manlove for dirk

Im going with home court. I say Mavs in 7

And just to let you know, the Manlove stops only at David Hasseloff, and no one else.

MikeO said:
Im going with home court. I say Mavs in 7

:yeahthat:

Heats are playing good Basketball just depends if the diesel can keep up and not get tired with this running team. Dirk is just having a amazing playoffs and Avery Johnson is doing a good job.

This might be the best Finals in a long time. 2 VERY good teams... both have all kinds of crazy depth... and have some of the best superstars in the game.

And the 2 best players on the floor... Dirk and Wade... are the 2 biggest mismatches in the game.

Who do the Heat have to guard Dirk? Walker, Posey, Haslem? It will be rough. Personally, I think Posey is the best option... but still...

And who do the Mavs have to guard Wade? Terry, Harris? I dont think so. The best option will be Griffen... It will also be rough. Wade shot 62%(including the Flu game) vs. the Pistons... who are much better on defense than the Mavs. And... forcing Griffen to guard Wade will break up the Terry-Harris duo that has been really good this postseason.

Shaq will also be be a mismatch, but the Mavs have some big bodies to throw at him...

Back
Top Bottom