NBA Summer League - Scores | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Summer League - Scores

Ferretsquig said:
So let me get this straight....you seriously are delusional enough to think Wade shut down Gordon and Vince?

I said that he helped...along with ..(AGAIN!) Payton, Posey, and Anderson (didn't play as much).

I proved my point.

If you go to 82games.com, it becomes even clearer. Ben Gordon was flat out SHUT DOWN. Vince was shut down in the 4th quarter in every game. "SOMEHOW" Vince's touches went down by 50 to 60% in the 4th quarter...."I wonder why?" "Somebody" denying him the ball? Maybe?

And BTW...Brevin Knight will start for the cats.

Ferretsquig said:
Who was listed as the starting PG last year before the season started? Brevin may be the better player and he certainly earned the starting spot last year, but Felton was brought in to be the starting PG for the next decade. The Bobcats are not contenders....it is in their best interests to start the player with a much higher ceiling. Felton will be the starter again going into the pre-season. Brevin again will have to beat him out for the job.

:confused:

Id disagree, I think they are more than capable of competing for the #8 spot in the east if they permorm like they can and Morrison plays welll

Ferretsquig said:
Who was listed as the starting PG last year before the season started? Brevin may be the better player and he certainly earned the starting spot last year, but Felton was brought in to be the starting PG for the next decade. The Bobcats are not contenders....it is in their best interests to start the player with a much higher ceiling. Felton will be the starter again going into the pre-season. Brevin again will have to beat him out for the job.
:confused:

wow bro you dont know much bout the bobcats do you...felton was drafted to be the future correct because Knight is 31...but right now Knight is the leading candidate for the starting pg spot, until felton can 100% handle it. Also btw bro felton was not the starter heading into last season infact he was fighting for minutes just to even play off the bench, he didnt start until midseason when injuries caught up and it wasnt even at pg it was at the 2 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Alex44 said:
I know he isnt a great rebounder or assist guy, but he still needs to have SOME of them....

Lebron scored about 20 ppg in his rookie season, Wade about 16, Carmello about the same

I dont think he is skilled enough to be a 20 ppg scorer as a rookie, like you said he is slow....so unless he gets a lot of open jumpers he wont be scoring 20 a game, because he wont be blowing by defenders

Maybe next year 20 ppg, not this year, just my opinion

Its not about blowing by defenders getting open jumpers, have you seen his whole career. He thrives on making shots with people in his face, hes also not afraid to take it to the basket, draw a foul and make the and 1 shot. btw bro he creates his own shots too :wink: :wink: :wink:

Section126 said:
I said that he helped...along with ..(AGAIN!) Payton, Posey, and Anderson (didn't play as much).

I proved my point.

If you go to 82games.com, it becomes even clearer. Ben Gordon was flat out SHUT DOWN. Vince was shut down in the 4th quarter in every game. "SOMEHOW" Vince's touches went down by 50 to 60% in the 4th quarter...."I wonder why?" "Somebody" denying him the ball? Maybe?

And BTW...Brevin Knight will start for the cats.

thx bro...dont mind that guys posts anymore im not sure if hes a hater, but hes obviously confused or just flat out wrong on alot of things. Ben Gordon nor Vince Carter were shut down in the playoffs though...but were they there normal selves nope...When I say shutdown though I mean held under 20ppg...No ones shutting down vince carter for a whole game but they contained him to the point to where he wasnt a factor at the end of the game, So I see your point for shutting down :wink: :wink: :wink:

Buddwalk said:
Its not about blowing by defenders getting open jumpers, have you seen his whole career. He thrives on making shots with people in his face, hes also not afraid to take it to the basket, draw a foul and make the and 1 shot. btw bro he creates his own shots too :wink: :wink: :wink:

SG's in the NBA are a lot bigger and better than college....I dont think he will be making as many shots with guys in his face, hopefully for him he can create enough of his own OPEN shots to get it done

I dont think his step is quick enough to take it to the basket consistantly in the NBA either

Alex44 said:
SG's in the NBA are a lot bigger and better than college....I dont think he will be making as many shots with guys in his face, hopefully for him he can create enough of his own OPEN shots to get it done

I dont think his step is quick enough to take it to the basket consistantly in the NBA either

speed has nothing to do with the fact how morrison plays his game...Hes simply goofy when he does it but he can take it to the basket bro

Buddwalk said:
speed has nothing to do with the fact how morrison plays his game...Hes simply goofy when he does it but he can take it to the basket bro

No, but it does have to do with getting passed a defender, you need SOME speed to get around a guy

btw he should have to shave before he EVER sees playing time, MANDATORY :lol:

Alex44 said:
No, but it does have to do with getting passed a defender, you need SOME speed to get around a guy

btw he should have to shave before he EVER sees playing time, MANDATORY :lol:

The Stasche!!!

Buddwalk said:
wow bro you dont know much bout the bobcats do you...felton was drafted to be the future correct because Knight is 31...but right now Knight is the leading candidate for the starting pg spot, until felton can 100% handle it. Also btw bro felton was not the starter heading into last season infact he was fighting for minutes just to even play off the bench, he didnt start until midseason when injuries caught up and it wasnt even at pg it was at the 2 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes poor ignorant me. I have to just get by living in Charlotte and having season tickets. Felton was listed as the starter last year in the official media guide issued by the team prior to the season. I'd venture to guess he will again be listed as the starter this year.

Section126 said:
Vince was shut down in the 4th quarter in every game. "SOMEHOW" Vince's touches went down by 50 to 60% in the 4th quarter...."I wonder why?" "Somebody" denying him the ball? Maybe?

Vince's stats per 48 in the 4th:

39.7 pts, 5.8 assists, 7.6 boards....care to compare with the other 3 quarters?

Ferretsquig said:
Vince's stats per 48 in the 4th:

39.7 pts, 5.8 assists, 7.6 boards....care to compare with the other 3 quarters?

AHHHHH..the ole "per minute" crap.

I saw the games. The play by plays are there. 82games has the "touches" meter.

It is what it is.

There was a reason that he did what he did in the 4th. AND WHAT HE DID was have 3 sub 6 point 4th quarters in a 5 game series. He had ONE double figure 4th quarter in a blowout game.

End of story.

At least you recognized your Gordon folly.

Well since you are so infatuated with Roland I shall see if he will put the number up for when Wade was guarding Carter/Gordon. I would think you would be able to comprehend the basic fallacy in your touches argument.

Back
Top Bottom