NBCSports: Wannstedt heads list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBCSports: Wannstedt heads list

P4E

Cogito, Ergo FinFanum
Reaction score
With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
...of coaches on hot seat.

1. Dave Wannstedt, Dolphins: Management has set up Wannstedt for a Super Bowl run. If Wannstedt can’t pull a Shula, he’ll probably pull a Jimmy Johnson and have a parting with the Dolphins. Over the past two years, Miami has added every piece Wannstedt has wanted. If this team doesn’t make a serious push in the playoffs  or if they die on the vine in December like last season  another coach will be charge of Ricky Williams, Junior Seau and company.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/960393.asp

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
...of coaches on hot seat.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/960393.asp

Alright, this is getting kind of repetitive. Lets just wait a couple of more days for the season to start AND develop before mentioning what critics say about Wann. Personally I wasn't in favor of having Wann as coach this year, but you know what? He's still here, so I gotta support him and root for success this season.

Wanny wasn't my choice. I was happy Jimmy left, and I didn't want a Jimmy clone. But i like alot of the things Wanny has done and I support him. I hope he does well and we go deep in the playoffs. I would love to see Wanny stick around, he is a class act and a good football guy. His downfall to me is in-game adjustments, hopefully his reasoning of not having the personnel to change looks and styles was the cause and this changes. Bates said in an article that they scaled back blitzes cause too many mistakes occurred and we go beat. This should change now w/ JR and Knight and T-Buck, so I think the D will be more aggressive and change up more often.

Oh dont be suprised Sunday if we are in control of the game, the defense does not show alot of teh new wrinkles. Just thought i would throw that out there so Monday people dont say looked like the same old defense to me.

Good points. I don't think we'll need to show too many wrinkles against Houston. Those wrinkles are what will be neccessary in the big games, particularly the divisional match-ups. As for Wanny, well, I don't think we'll really be able to judge him until December. Unless something strange happens, we will enter December in play-off and division title contention, because we have every year since 1997. Those four games will make or break the season and will go a long way towards determining Wanny's fate.

Unless, of course, we are 12-0 at that point. Hey, I can dream. :)

I think we will see more new Wrinkles on Sunday night against the Bills.

We should won the first two (Texans,Jets).

They will want to make a statement against an AFC east opponent on National TV.

We haven't won at the Meadowlands in 5 years, so even if the Jets don't have a strong roster this year, we will still pull out the tricks because we just want to finally win there.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We haven't won at the Meadowlands in 5 years, so even if the Jets don't have a strong roster this year, we will still pull out the tricks because we just want to finally win there.
that's why we need to crush Houston early so we can save our best stuff the Yets. I am sick of hearing 9 out of 10 - I thought 30-3 would have shut the jets fans, but...

:jetssuck:

Might as well use em to see if they work. No reason to hold back just to "save them". If they can't come up with new wrinkles throughout the season...****..well..then..I don't know what to say :D

I may be against everyone here... but I think we may need to throw some wrinkles at houston. Carr has a big time arm and if you give him a little too much time he will beat you. I think we need to send Jr a few times opposite Jason and fake him a few more times.. I don't think we should sit back and hope our front 4 get to him. cause I think that will make this game closer then need be.

Also we have on offense Wade Smith starting.. now he has looked great in the preseason and I have confidence in him, but they do un a 3-4 and that can get very confusing at times.

I do think we should win this game with ease, but we shouldn't take it to lightly and I believe Houston will put up quite a fight.

Re: Re: NBCSports: Wannstedt heads list

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Alright, this is getting kind of repetitive. Lets just wait a couple of more days for the season to start AND develop before mentioning what critics say about Wann. Personally I wasn't in favor of having Wann as coach this year, but you know what? He's still here, so I gotta support him and root for success this season.

Hey, Dolfan... I wasn't posting this to get down on Dave. It's just an article that presents a point of view on Wanny, and it's from a source I didn't think most members here would necessarily see. I'm with you on wishing him every success this year.:)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Yeah, and some of those games have been annoying, to say the least. Last year getting screwed by the refs.....two years ago blowing the 17-0 lead, and Fiedler throwing to a triple-covered Gadsden on first and goal when we could have won it, resulting in a pick.....three years ago the infamous Monday night debacle.....Ray Lucas eating us alive in 1999.....the offense totaling like 150 yards in 1998.....not pretty memories. We NEED that game.

Bates has had a sufficient amount of time to add more wrinkles to the playbook than a 90 yr. old man has on his body so, there should be enough to go around for every game, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom