Near Halfway Point Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Near Halfway Point Mock

I really, really like mock. I’m not sure about Price but I will check him out.

I feel like Andrews at TE may be a good match with Miami. That might get mocked all over the place. I also wonder about an all around back in the mold of a young Matt Forte or Brian Westbrook or Charlie Garner type. A kid that can run with authority but who can be weaponized in the pass game. Let’s be honest, those guys are brutal to defend.

As for Gase and whether we would take an OG in the first, I would not rule out a 180 on philosophy. We are all a product of our experiences, which inform us of what we tend to believe works (and what does not). The past couple of offseason when the beat writers would get obsessive about guards, Gase seemed to dismiss it confidently, that we could work it out. That was probably his experience.

However, after two years in Miami where the interior of the line is just killing the team, Gase can see the limiting factor it has become. At this point, we don’t even know what Tunsil’s ceiling is. We may need a Zack Martin level guard anchoring this line and then let Tunsil play off him.

Having said that, I haven’t thought about the draft much. But, if we don’t re-up Landry, I could see us bringing in Andrews to help us in the middle of the field. Maybe you get a top guard on free agency, where Miami has passed in the past.

The fan base is going to lose its collective mind if we continue to see the Swiss cheese interior line cap any potential the team might have.

Now that Ajayi has been traded, running back is near the top of the list as well. It's a good running back class maybe someone like Guice from LSU. I don't know what Gase's philosophy is on running backs, but I kind of think the team could go free agency there or middle rounds. Love has put up unreal numbers at Stanford, but I feel he needs to share carries in the NFL.

Good point on the guard situation. I think Miami is looking at the way New England builds and is trying to copy that. I don't remember the Patriots ever spending high picks on guards, but they have had drafts where they took a lot of offensive lineman. Maybe that's what the Dolphins do. I can't see the team keeping Pouncey, not for $9 million anyway, so that would make the interior even more of a priority.

Andrews is looking good for the team as well. CK has indicated that Gase really wanted Njoku and he needs that type of player for his offense.

It could be almost an entire offensive draft for sure.

Love the price pick. Another o-linemen I’d love is Isaiah Winn from Georgia. Kid is legit.

I personally have these guys in my mini mock. Lol

1- Billy Price

2- Mark Andrews

3- Baker Mayfield

4- Isaiah Wynn

4- Mark Walton/Sony Michel

Love the price pick. Another o-linemen I’d love is Isaiah Winn from Georgia. Kid is legit.

1- Billy Price

2- Mark Andrews

3- Baker Mayfield

4- Isaiah Wynn

Price's ability to play center or guard would be perfect for Miami. The Dolphins may actually be in a good spot to trade down and get more picks too. Never know.

I'm still bitter about not getting Elflein last year so I really hope we can get the All-American Billy Price in round 2. He would would bring smarts and versatility to the line and we need it now more than ever. I want Mark Andrews or Mike Gesicki in round 1. Those two picks would go a long way in making the phins legit contenders with Tannehill back.

I agree about Elfein and Billy Price. Year after year we have problems with the interior and it reflects in our W-L record. This team clearly has problems drafting OL, especially interior OL- if players are availble early who can fix the problem, quality players like Forrest Lamp last year, then I say go for it. Solve the problem, fix the weakness and move on. Not to mention Tannehill coming back next year on the surgically repaired knee, we have to fix the OL.

1- Billy Price

2- Mark Andrews

3- Baker Mayfield

4- Isaiah Wynn

1- Billy Price

2- Mark Andrews

3- Baker Mayfield

4- Isaiah Wynn

I like the picks as well,but throw in Rashaad Penny.

I forgot about Braden Smith of Auburn.He is a day one starter at guard.

Back
Top Bottom