Need of a new runningback....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need of a new runningback.......

Air-Marino-13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand the Miami Dolphins drafting strategy at all, they draft Fletcher first round, a CB, why draft a CB first round when you have Madison and Surtain, just dosen't make sense. Ya I know they were trying save money on the cap for next year, but come on, they could have taken a runningback who could actually do something like Tomlinson, I think Minor will be good, but he isn't a feature type of back. I think Miami better sign a free agent or draft a rb because if not they are in serious trouble. I think Fiedler is a solid Q.B. and can get it done, now we just need a running game, I don't care how good your passing game is, without a running game you can only go so far. I mean look at Marino, the best Q.B. to ever play the game and he still couldn't win the SuperBowl, because he had no running game, it is way to much pressure on the Q.B.'s shoulders. Who agrees with me that we need a new r.b. here in Miami?:yell:

I do not care how good your RBs, WRs or QBs are if you have a terrible O line like we did.

Agreed - stick w/Jay and upgrade the RB and OL and hopefully sign Chris Carter

Ya well I agree. But how are they supposed to score a touchdown with out a runningback? I mean Lamar just dosent hit the hole like he did last year, he hits them like he's scared, he just isn't getting it done. I mean this years game was just embarassing, Fiedler was putting the ball on their chests and they couldn't hold on, just de-heartining.......:mad:

I don't think you'll find any body who disagrees that we need a new RB,but you gotta remember last year at draft time this wasn't nearly as big of an issue, Lamar was coming off a 1000 yard season and JJJ was still a thought and we drafted Minor. We could NOT have drafted Tomlinson because we didn't have the first pick in the draft. We could have gotten offensive rookie of the year Anthony Thomas who was still there when we drafted, but how many people were really mad that we didn't? Hind sight is 20/20. Dave drafted a CB, not knowing that Cousin was going to win the job any way. He was trying to shore up our defense that was constantly getting burned by the third receiver of other teams attacking Jerry Wilson( you remember him don't you?). It was still a good pick, because now Cousin will get another offer in Free Agency and we won't be trying to cover the same position again with another player, we already have Jamar.
I think the running game, like everything else, will improve when the O-line improves. There is not one back in the league that could have done much behind this line.
BTW, welcome to FINHEAVEN!

Originally posted by inFINSible
BTW, welcome to FINHEAVEN!
Yes, where's my manners :rolleyes: - welcome a-board :D

but what's with the Go Cowboys :evil:

Ya well, it seems to me that we always get the rb who are good for one or two years and then drop out of the picture.......the names that ring a bell.....Abdul.....Parmalee.......hmmmmm, see a pattern? Well I would have drafted Thomas, I mean Lamar is not young and we need some depth. Our O-Line does need improvements though, and hopefully ew can make those adjustments through Free-Agency. I hope we get a sleeper pick this year, we need it!!!! Thanks for the welcome!!!!:p

we need to draft a RB even if only to replace JJJ, but I would go UFA if we can for a new starter.

Ya I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up Garrison Hearst if SF dosen't re-sign him, which they probably will. I am just getting tired of the same old crap every year you know?

Well any Dolphin fan who says they arent need to get pimp slapped, esspecially if you are a hardcore fan like me!!!!:lol:

The pick of Fletcher was as baffling to us non-fin fans as it was to you guys. Your salary cap situation isn't the greatest right now for getting a top FA either is it?
Well, there are a few really good backs in this draft. Maybe Dennis Farina, uh, I mean Dave Wannstadt, will take one.

Originally posted by Air-Marino-13
Well any Dolphin fan who says they arent need to get pimp slapped, esspecially if you are a hardcore fan like me!!!!:lol:

Wait, what are you more, a Dolphins or Cowboys fan?

Well I have been a Miami and Dallas fan since I was 3, 1989. My brother kind of brought that on me because we both love the same teams. But I have always liked Miami a little more, I am a die-hard fan for both, but a little more so a Dolphin boy, but my brother is the other way around. I have a special place for the Dolphins and he has a special place for the Cowboys!!!! The Gators are #1 and Clemson is #2.:)

Originally posted by Jeff1220
The pick of Fletcher was as baffling to us non-fin fans as it was to you guys. Your salary cap situation isn't the greatest right now for getting a top FA either is it?
Well, there are a few really good backs in this draft. Maybe Dennis Farina, uh, I mean Dave Wannstadt, will take one.
The coaches thought we could get what we need later in the draft - which we did in Chambers, Greenwood and Minor - and had constant flashbacks of Crebet toasting Jerry Wilson - so they decided that getting a nickel back was that important.

i really believe fletcher.................

was supposed to be bait. i think they expected fletcher to be just as good an athlete in the pros as he was in college, thus attracting some attention!;)

Back
Top Bottom