Need some info.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need some info..

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I want to know how the OLines (3) did, everyone is talking skill players, but to me the biggest and telling positions on O is our OL..can someone give this guy who can't watch the game until tomorrow at 4pm on NFL network some update.. That's my biggest concern on this team other than secondary.

Long did very well, Smiley did very well.... from what i saw i wanted t osee whom started as RG cause he did very well, especially with our center.... just wasn't sure whom it was starting!!!

In my opinion we have real potential on our OLine.

Jake did well in his first outing no major mistakes. He looked very solid. He will get better and better.

Donald Thomas made a couple of rookie mistakes but he definetely has potential.

I was less impressed with my first impression of J.Smiley but he was not horrible and he is adjusting to a new side and new team so there is room for improveent there as well.

Ricky had legitimate cracks to run through and was not dodging people in the backfield like last year which was very encouraging to me.

The DL was solid against the run but was not consistantly providing a pass rush that was a major factor IMO as to why the Bucs had such long drives.

I am gong to rewatch the game in slo mo to check out more individual performances tomorrow.

RG Donald Thomas then it was impressed me, once again though, i not see the whole game, jsut going by what i saw.....

what was Smiley's dissapointing times??? and what misteakes did Thomas have if you can tell me

I am pretty sure that Donald Thomas was the starting RG during the game.

I wasn't real impressed with Smiley either. I mean, he wasn't bad, but he didn't really stand out to me as much as the others did.

At first glance it looked like Donald Thomas was getting better push on run blocks than Smiley and there was some miscommunicatons that happened on the interior.

But all in all it is the best our oline has looked in a first preseason game in a LONG LONG TIME. No pun intended!

Thanks guys.. I hope they only get better during the preseason, because they can't pass block like last year, it doesn't matter who's the qb.. I was hoping the running game would be real good by now, as that has to be the bread and butter for now.

Long did very well, Smiley did very well.... from what i saw i wanted t osee whom started as RG cause he did very well, especially with our center.... just wasn't sure whom it was starting!!!

IMHO Smiley was the weak link.

Back
Top Bottom