Need your opinion for mini-camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need your opinion for mini-camp

Louis Oliver

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Heading to my first ever phins minicamp this weekend. I am from Raleigh and not familiar w/ the Miami area. I am flying into Miami and am not even sure where Nova university is. Can you help me out w/ a good hotel, places to party, good advice....would be much appreciated....Should I stay in Miami or stay near Nova???

thanks!

Hey!!

Me and Dolfan73 are going. We were going to try and hook up with some other finheaveners. Do the morning session than lunch. You interested?

Well, the practice facility is in NOVA, which is nowhere near Miami. It's like about a half hour or so away. If you only plan to go to those practices I guess stay over there, but if your only gonna go to 1 of those practices and mainly want to party and have a good time stay on South Beach. That's instant action over there. All you have to do is go downstairs (at your hotel) and walk thru the streets and you'll already be golden. The Las Olas/Riverfront area (which is about a half hour to 45 minutes from MIami) is also a good place to stay. Lots of nightlife over there too. <alot closer to the practices too.

Deifnitely stay in Ft. Lauderdal instead of Miami. If you look at a map of Miami/Ft. Lauderdal you will see the Florida Turnpike running through Ft. Lauderdale. Where it crosses Interstate 595. You take 595 West from there to University Dr. and then turn left. Park in the Nova University Medical School parking gagrage. I would stay in Ft. Lauderdale if were you. As mentioned, Los Olas is great night life, and your only 30 minutes from South Beach if you want to go that route.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, i've been to a few mini-camps and do NOT stay in Miami.. it's closer in Ft. Lauderdale and the hotel rooms are a tad, not much, but a tad cheaper.

Thanks for the info guys!! It is great to see so many guys eager to help out!

Finatic: what time are you getting there? I would be interested in meeting up....

I am so psyched! No ACL tears...No ACL tears...No ACL tears...

The Rennaisance in Plantation is the team hotel. Not sure if anyone will be staying there this weekend. But that's where the team stays during training camp. Not even five minutes from Dolphin headquarters.

Louis Oliver said:
Hey guys,
Heading to my first ever phins minicamp this weekend. I am from Raleigh and not familiar w/ the Miami area. I am flying into Miami and am not even sure where Nova university is. Can you help me out w/ a good hotel, places to party, good advice....would be much appreciated....Should I stay in Miami or stay near Nova???

thanks!

We'll have to hook up some time. I live in Raleigh myself and work at God's university ... the NCSU Wolfpack!!

BTW, I'm a big Louis Oliver fan.

Definitely Man...You are certainly very smart ( NCSU and phins fan )....I am always willing to hang out fellow fins fans

I am planning on going down there, if anybody wants to hang out, PM me for my cell number

Louis - If you want to stay at the Renassanise (team hotel) it is on Pine Island Road and I-595. Coming up from MIA take I-95 North to I-595 West and get off the exit after University Drive which is Pine Island Road. When you get to the light at the bottom of the ramp make a right and then the first right to the Hotel parking area. I'm not sure if they have any rooms left but there are more cost efficient hotels in the area that is bordered by I-595 on the South, Broward Blvd on the North, Pine Island Road on the West, and University Drive on the East. There is an Ameri-Suites, Homewood Suites, and a Hampton Inn. The Broward Mall is also in the N.E. corner of this area and there are many eateries on the University Drive part of the border.
To get to the training facility from the hotel go East to University then South to SW 30 St. Turn left and go East about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile and you will see the training facility on the right. There should be signs directing you to the parking area.
To get to South Beach reverse your route to the hotel take I-595 East to I-95 South when you get close to MIA look for I-395 East (McArthur Causeway). Take Causeway to South Beach. If you attempt this on a Friday or Saturday evening be prepared to be stuck in a bunch of traffic any time after 5:00 PM. No matter what time you go be prepared to hunt for a while to find a place to park.
Las Olas is not quite as trendy or wild but not as crowded either.
Good luck, hope you have a good time.

Muck said:
The Rennaisance in Plantation is the team hotel. Not sure if anyone will be staying there this weekend. But that's where the team stays during training camp. Not even five minutes from Dolphin headquarters.

Does Don Shula owns an Hotel in the Miami Lakes area? I really thought his hotel was the team's hotel...I guess I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom