NE's Winning Ways Seemed to be Heading for a Downfall... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE's Winning Ways Seemed to be Heading for a Downfall...

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
NE's Winning Ways Seem to be Heading for a Downfall...

Hello fellow fans, something smells over at BBs place and it has taken oven 30 games (since the start of 2003) to match this record, being behind at the end of the 3rd quarter, in 3 of the last 4 games.

Pit in 2004, Washington and Buffalo in 2003, were the last 3 games NE played and lost after being behind at the beginning of the 4th quarter. After beating Oakland this year, they have faultered in the last 3 games, winning the Pit game at the end. Still this trend of theirs is not one that they have shown for some time.

I know they are the crown champs and winners for so long, that people are hesitant to say anything that would make them look like fools, but being behind at the end of the 3rd quarter, 3 games in a row, is not something this team has had to deal with in the last 30 games.

Looking back at their record since December 2002, they are 2-5 in these games. One of those wins was against MIA in 2002 and Pit a few weeks ago.
Looking back even further, since the start of the 2001 Season, this team's record is 4-17 (19%) when being behind at the start of the 4th. I guess this is one area that BB's game planning, team leadership and talent, as well as coaching, has had trouble with and has stayed away from, to help him achieve Championships. Lets look at the stats:

In 2001= 1-5 record when behind, ended with a 11-5 record and won SB...

In 2002= 2-7 record when behind, ended with a 9-7 record...

In 2003= 0-2 record when behind, ended with a 14-2 record and won SB...

In 2004= 0-1 record when behind, ended with a 14-2 record and won SB...

In 2005= 1-2 record when behind, and it's only been 4 games...

I know this team has been decimated with injuries to key players, and lost great coaches. The later is the biggest difference to last year, when they lost key players to their Defense last year, but persevered and IMO coaching put them in the win column every week till they got most of their players back by years end.

Now they lost key players on their Defense again by the end of their 3rd game, but this Defense, ranked # 29 (27 PPG), is not stepping up like it did in 2004 where it was ranked # 2 in points (16 PPG).

Not since 1990, has a NE team given up over 27 PPG, and NEVER has any BB coached team given up this many points (108) in 4 games...

In conclusion I think the end of this Dynasty is over if they don't turn this thing around soon, and by that I believe you will see if Brady does the Manning/Green impersonation and try to outscore his Defense, like they have done over the last few years...

At least this is the best chance MIA has had in the last 3 years to make it into the Post Season...

Back
Top Bottom