Never too early: Top 10 for '07 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Never too early: Top 10 for '07

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
with the 2006 NFL Draft still a few months ago, i figured i'd take a look ahead at the top 10 of next year's draft :).

1: Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin - Better than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Better than a lot of tackles I've seen in the last several years. He's ridiculously good.
2: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - For those that call him a "system QB," stop it. He would've been a top 10 pick even if Charlie Weiss didn't come to South Bend. Has everything you want in a QB.
3: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - No real weakness in his game. If I had to make an extremely early prediction for Rookie of the Year in 2007, this would be it. ;)
4: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal* - Scary good talent. Better than J.J. Arrington ever was (he was better than him as a pure freshman).
5: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville* - Coming off of the injury may halt his progress a tad, but pretty much a lock for the top 10 if he declares.
6: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC* - It'll be interesting to see how he plays without all the other great players taking defenders off of him. Tall, fast, great hands...
7: Paul Posluszny, LB, PSU - As with Brian Brohm, the knee injury may affect his play, but if he's healthy, he's the next great one from Linebacker U.
8: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma* - Should have another big year, more similar to his freshman season than his sophomore campaign. I think he's still a bit raw, running too upright a lot, and not utilizing his power as much as he should.
9: Sam Keller, QB, Arizona State - When it's all said and done, I think Keller could be the best QB from this draft. He's got everything you could want in a great quarterback. I'm most impressed with his feet and pocket presence. Passing mechanics need work, and he's pretty immobile. I'd like to see how he plays without Derek Hagan, whom he relied on too much sometimes.
10: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL) - The next great tight end from Thug U. Seems to possess the demeanor of Bubba Franks more than Jeremy Shockey or The Soldier. Great hands.

* = underclassman

Is this your list or from somewhere else?

Pretty solid list but I don't think Jarrett or Olsen belong in the top 10.

my list. i think both olsen and jarrett will have career years in terms of production, and that'll help their stock rise.

Juan Cribbs said:
my list. i think both olsen and jarrett will have career years in terms of production, and that'll help their stock rise.

They would have to IMO and then some to be considered top 10 talent.

with olsen i understand, but jarrett is a top 10 player regardless. would've been the first WR taken this year if he could declare (then again, if he could declare, so could calvin johnson....whatever, too confusing).

Johnson is definitely the better WR IMO. Jarrett may be up there but he'll have to prove that next season.

I guess I'll throw in some other names to look out for next year. No particular order:

Ahmad Brooks (LB) - Talented as hell... needs to stay healthy.
Laron Landry (S) - Already been talked about a lot here. Ballhawk.
Justin Blalock (RT) - Better than his teammate Jon Scott. Very strong and nasty.
Michael Bush (RB) - Ronnie Brown-like skills.... a little bigger, but not quite as fast. Still, very talented.
Brian Leonard (FB/RB) - Better prospect than Mike Alstott IMO. Very versitale. Nice running skills and soft hands.
Drew Stanton (QB) - Good physical tools. Needs to work on his decision making and consistency.
Chad Henne (QB) - Similar to Stanton, though a little smaller. Needs to have a bounce back year.

Those are some off the top my head.

LIQUID24 said:
I guess I'll throw in some other names to look out for next year. No particular order:

Ahmad Brooks (LB) - Talented as hell... needs to stay healthy.
Laron Landry (S) - Already been talked about a lot here. Ballhawk.
Justin Blalock (RT) - Better than his teammate Jon Scott. Very strong and nasty.
Michael Bush (RB) - Ronnie Brown-like skills.... a little bigger, but not quite as fast. Still, very talented.
Brian Leonard (FB/RB) - Better prospect than Mike Alstott IMO. Very versitale. Nice running skills and soft hands.
Drew Stanton (QB) - Good physical tools. Needs to work on his decision making and consistency.
Chad Henne (QB) - Similar to Stanton, though a little smaller. Needs to have a bounce back year.

Those are some off the top my head.

Good additions, I really like what I've seen from Stanton, not to sold on Henne yet though.

My homer pick, Andre Caldwell, will be the top WR in Urban Meyer's system next season and should benefit greatly. Has the potential to be better than Chad Jackson who is a likely 1st rounder this year.

Theres also a thread in the college forum along the same lines as this. Who will have a breakout season next season.

6: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC* - It'll be interesting to see how he plays without all the other great players taking defenders off of him. Tall, fast, great hands...

LOL they don’t play defense there J

Laron Landry S
Ahmad Brooks LB
Drew Stanton (top 10 pick)

Finsfan79 said:

Laron Landry S
Ahmad Brooks LB

Exactly :lol:

Juan Cribbs said:
with the 2006 NFL Draft still a few months ago, i figured i'd take a look ahead at the top 10 of next year's draft :).

1: Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin - Better than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Better than a lot of tackles I've seen in the last several years. He's ridiculously good.
2: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - For those that call him a "system QB," stop it. He would've been a top 10 pick even if Charlie Weiss didn't come to South Bend. Has everything you want in a QB.
3: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - No real weakness in his game. If I had to make an extremely early prediction for Rookie of the Year in 2007, this would be it. ;)
4: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal* - Scary good talent. Better than J.J. Arrington ever was (he was better than him as a pure freshman).
5: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville* - Coming off of the injury may halt his progress a tad, but pretty much a lock for the top 10 if he declares.
7: Paul Posluszny, LB, PSU - As with Brian Brohm, the knee injury may affect his play, but if he's healthy, he's the next great one from Linebacker U.
8: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma* - Should have another big year, more similar to his freshman season than his sophomore campaign. I think he's still a bit raw, running too upright a lot, and not utilizing his power as much as he should.
9: Sam Keller, QB, Arizona State - When it's all said and done, I think Keller could be the best QB from this draft. He's got everything you could want in a great quarterback. I'm most impressed with his feet and pocket presence. Passing mechanics need work, and he's pretty immobile. I'd like to see how he plays without Derek Hagan, whom he relied on too much sometimes.
10: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL) - The next great tight end from Thug U. Seems to possess the demeanor of Bubba Franks more than Jeremy Shockey or The Soldier. Great hands.

* = underclassman

I got in trouble for calling it thug u a while back....maybe you should change it

Seriously though thats a list of great players, and mark my words Calvin Johnson will be a great WR

top ten? who cares?

top ten? who cares?

guys, why are we talking about a top ten list?? does anyone know who the 32 best prospect is??

Alex22 said:
I got in trouble for calling it thug u a while back....maybe you should change it

Seriously though thats a list of great players, and mark my words Calvin Johnson will be a great WR

You act like we don't already know that. :lol: Many think he was the best last year.

Finsfan79 said:

Laron Landry S
Ahmad Brooks LB

brooks has to stay away from the buffet lines and imo stanton will not be top 10 pick-or a 1st rounder for that matter, but no 2007 prospect list is complete w/o laron laundry. dude is a beast.

Back
Top Bottom