New and furious. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New and furious.

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
First of all i want to introduce myself, I'm new to the board. I'm currently attending ISU in the Pre-architecture program and am an avid Dolphins fan. Normally i like optimism and hate unwarranted criticism and blatent favoritism in posts, however constructive criticism is a must when analyzing any team, and in this case harsh criticism is exteremely warranted.

First of all this loss just really irks me. I have always looked at Wanny as an optimist. He's not the second coming of Shula, but he hasn't looked to me to be the grim reaper either. THat all changed at the end of last season, and i can firmly say i want him OUT! And i mean now. He's a nice guy, but he sucks as a coach. NO ONE should have to suffer the hummiliation that us dolphins fans will have to endure for the coming week...or weeks as the case may very well be. Our team came in TOTALLY unprepared for an expansion team in it's second year of existence. Way to go wanny in one week you've managed to take the dolphins from prospective super bowl contenders to the laughing stock of the NFL. The team will take a detremental blow to the ego and i see little to no chance at all of finishing strong this year as this loss will be weighing on their minds for the entire season. We got a gifft from the football gods on Thursday with the Jets losing to the Redskins, and today with the Patriots being emberassed (along with my fantasy football kicker) at the hands of the potentially deadly bills. The bills SHOULD have been our competition this year, not our coach.

But now where to go from here? As I said, I don't forsee us coming back from a blow like this. We MAY get back on our feet, but a lapse that big is just horrendous and should give very little if any hope for the rest of the season. WHY didn't we pick up Mariucci last year? Wanny was on the fence at the beginning of the off season. I for one think he should have been able to keep his job. But then Mariucci got cut, and we had a prime time Coach right there for the pickin, and we passed it up for Mr. Mustache. Now, who will be available next year? Dennis Greene? While I think he'll be the best candidate that would almost certainly mean losing Norv (who while i like Norv to death, i don't want him to be our head coach).

And who do we play as QB for the rest of this year? I'd like to get Sage and Brian up there to duke it out. I'm a firm supporter of Griese, and while Jay had a good game he won't be around but for another year or two in the best of scenarios. We'll need a comfortable Griese or Sage to pick it up. I don't know, i'm just so disguisted with this loss. I've been exteremely hyped about this season, and then this comes along and takes the wind out of you. And to make it ten fold I didn't play Chambers in fantasy football, and Manning had a bust of a first game. It's going to be a long season.........

Back
Top Bottom