new bcs is crap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

new bcs is crap

FSUDolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
they are now adding the piggyback system starting in 2006. So some years there will be two orange bowls in january. I was hoping it would be closer to a playoff system or at least figuring out one national championship. instead of split..but it looks like its the same ol. :shakeno:

The reason behind this whole F'ed up system is because of the people that run the rose bowl. Every other conference was willing to do a system that would let the #1 play #2 at the end of the bowls. The A-holes with the pac 10…

â€ÂRose Bowl officials don't want to give up their prestigious status and traditional ties to the Pac-10 and Big Ten to be part of the Bowl Championship Series.â€Â

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7401557

The thought of the rose bowl not having a pac 10 match up and not able to control what teams got to what bowls was what killed the first baby step to a pseudo-playoff system.

I have been to all 4 bowls...The Sugar in 2000, the rose in 2001, The Fiesta in 2002, and The Orange in 2003. Out of all the stadiums the biggest piece of crap stadium goes to the rose bowl. The nicest is the Fiesta, it really has a nice setting.

Tradition is all fine and good. However when it gets in the way of progress, that is when you go to move out the way.
PLAYOFF SYSTEM IS NEEDED...NOT WANTED!!!

In the new system, the soon-to-be much better Conference USA in football may get more bowl games than the Big Least, so I'll be happy if this pans out for my mid-major school.

GO KNIGHTS!

I've read a few pieces on this new system and, although the system still has flaws, this is not all bad. It will actually allow for all the major bowl games to spread back out amongst the conferences and keep allegiances while having one STADIUM host a game simply titled "The National Championship" at the end of the bowl season. Its not that bad, there will be a lot of talk but the kicker is, after you think about it, its not that different either.

it's the same thing, the only difference is that they will be adding two teams, and the #1 and #2 teams will get one extra week of practice. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Other than marketing for the cities that host the bowl games (major angle I suppose), I don't understand why the fans can't petition/vote for what they want. If the majority of the collective fanbase wants a playoffs system then it should be. However, I realize that major sports are starting to seperate from their roots: fans and love of the game first, how to make a dollar second. This really f***ing sucks. :angry:

The new formula is better than the old one. That SOS crap was just that.

Its a system designed by a commitee.What do you expect ?A national championship game is needed and I am sure we will see it soon.I like the idea of playing the bowls in the traditional way and then picking the teams for championship game.Another way would be to rotate the championship game among the bowls.For instance Rose Ball plays its traditional games for 3 yrs and on the 4th yr play host the No 1 and No 2.

Back
Top Bottom