New Columnist? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Columnist?

FiN.in.RI said:
I just think you're a little upset over nothing.
Overreaction comes to mind..Anxiety maybe?

Things happen man! :)

I'm done here though. Have a Good Day.

P.S. Maybe you should PM AJ about your concern.
Sure things happen, and people react to them too. And you're right -- I am a little upset (emphasis on "little"). I don't think it's an overreaction at all though. How else should one react to something like this? Hold your upsetness in? Go postal? I'm doing neither -- I think this is an appropriate response.

shouright said:
I had PM that asked for a sample article, wrote one in a morning, sent it to Muck as a PM, and haven't gotten a response, not even an acknowledgement of receipt even after sending an additional PM wondering whether he'd received it. If he thought the article stunk, he could've let me know directly -- I'm a big boy and I can handle it.

For anyone else who's thinking about doing this, I'd suggest you not waste your time and effort unless you think your results would be different from mine. I'll still enjoy the site, just not as a columnist.
You said it's been weeks and you're right but, your first response was only 4 days after Muck responded to you in this thread and I don't know if you realize it or not but, it sounds a little pissy, especially the part I highlighted.

Again, it was made after only 4 days, not two weeks, and this is just a guess but, I bet your attitude in this post is a red flag.

To me it says, that entering into a working relationship with someone who displays an attitude and quick temper like that, may be more trouble than it's worth. But again, that's just a guess on my part, I may be completely wrong.

If you have an issue with someone on the staff, you don't point them out. You should simply contact myself.

I mean, really... do you personally know what it's like to come home to hundreds of emails and probably 10-15 PMs a day all relating to FinHeaven? I really don't think so. George and I specifically don't go around telling each other that we won't reply to individuals... we forget, we're human. I made the mistake several times last season of forgeting to send out people's t-shirts. Not many, if any, complained... and were very thankful when they received their shirt.

Unfortunately, you're not that case. Obviously, there is a ton to write about now and there is a huge rush to find new writers. And obviously you have our utmost concern and priority.

In the end, I would say I'm sorry like I do to many others when George or I forget something. But this time I'm really not sorry, instead I'm thankful that you're not a writer.

Oh, by the way... that high school student reference really did tick me off. I mean, I'm 20 going on 21 and I really can't recall how old George is... but he's damn intelligent... along with the rest of the staff who understand and apply patience in their own life.

Have a great day man...

Looks like I'm late getting to this thread. Long story short, my apartment has no electricity (Day 2) and I'm having a time trying to get someone out there to fix the problem. I'm at work so I don't have much time.

Anyway, I apologize for the late reply. As was the case here, I do forget things from time to time.

I'd rather not do this in public. But since you've chosen this avenue (instead of PM), I'll respond. In short, I found the article to be lacking. I'd hoped for more insight, considering the background you gave me. Just one man's opinion.

But I think it's a good thing, as you probably wouldn't not have been a good fit for us, since you do seem to have a short fuse and a flair for drama.

I guess the goodbye was short-lived. You've posted three times today. :lol:

Signed,
Stuck In High School (graduated early!!)

shouright said:
Just makes it seem like this thing is being run by High School kids, that's all....
Heh.

High school is a distant memory for me sonny boy...
There is absolutely no reason for you to be up in arms over this. Imagine you were running a website and someone who "claims" to be of such high intellectual background, and of such high integrity insists on becoming a writer for you, then arrogantly pitches a fit when a few paltry weeks go by before he hears anything. During your illustrious educational endeavors, have you ever submitted a manuscript to a publisher? I'd be willing to bet that it could be months, or longer, before you hear from them. Why on earth would we, as the staff of a Dolphin fan website, give you such high priority based on your claims of grandeur?
My advise... get over yourself.
Stay or not... we'll be fine either way.

That said... have a great day. :)

The goodbye was only to this thread -- I'll still enjoy the parts of the site that are enjoyable.

WharfRat said:
Heh.

High school is a distant memory for me sonny boy...
There is absolutely no reason for you to be up in arms over this. Imagine you were running a website and someone who "claims" to be of such high intellectual background, and of such high integrity insists on becoming a writer for you, then arrogantly pitches a fit when a few paltry weeks go by before he hears anything. During your illustrious educational endeavors, have you ever submitted a manuscript to a publisher? I'd be willing to bet that it could be months, or longer, before you hear from them. Why on earth would we, as the staff of a Dolphin fan website, give you such high priority based on your claims of grandeur?
My advise... get over yourself.
Stay or not... we'll be fine either way.

That said... have a great day. :)
Since this is a sensible post I'll reply.

I made no such insistence on becoming a columnist (check the original post), and the differences for me between this and the submission of a manuscript to a journal editor are that: 1) journal editors don't ask for your manuscript -- you submit it yourself in the hope that it's published, and 2) even though they haven't asked for your article, they show the professionalism to notify you immediately that they received your manuscript so you aren't stuck wondering if it was lost in the mail.

Your "editor" 1) asked me to write an article for him, and then 2) gave me no such acknowledgment of receipt, even after I asked for just that directly in a PM and waited two weeks, while he used his time making threads and posts of his own for me to see. Don't you think that's a little rude and inconsiderate?

Twist this around to make me the bad guy any way you want guys, but in the end it's lack of professionalism, plain and simple. I haven't had any prior problems with any of you or the site, and I don't harbor any hard feelings about this. It's really not that big a deal to me in the grand scheme of things.

I apologize for the "high school" comment -- I obviously made that out of frustration. I say we just let this drop and have a good time on the rest of the site -- see you guys around. :)

Back
Top Bottom