New Design For FinHeaven & CO

Do you like the new design?

• YEAH!

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • It's Ok...

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No way... its ugly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever, I don't visit the site anyways, only the boards...

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Alright people... I bring to you the new design for FinHeaven & Co, it won't be online till mid Feb, but I want to get your opinion of the design, whether you like it or not, and if you don't please tell me what I can improve on it.

Anyways, the link is:
http://www.finheaven.com/newdesign/

Tell me what ya think!

Note: None of the links work... yet... Just look at the design of it. :D

You know me, I'm all about uncovering the Dolphin;) ....other than that, it looks great:D :cool:

I like the overall design, it seems to flow better. I see that you have some free space on the bottom left, would this leave you room to have a 'today's news' icon below the Co. store icon and remove the other one? Maybe have more of a 'table of contents'
look for the icons on the left. Do you think confusion to new users is caused by having a 'message board' link and a 'forum' link? Being fairly new myself, I'm assuming they are the same thing, or am I wrong?
I really like the two orange bars across the top, but the Killer Dolphin seems to be hidden a little too much, what if you moved him above the orange bars but still below the icons?
Is it possible to scale up the FinHeaven and Co. so it's as long as the 'Get Splashed' line? There's some dead space at the end, might as well use it up, plus it'll give more of an identity as to what site you are at. I really like the addition of the standings also.
The only other suggestion I might have is giving the Direct Links:,
Seasonal:,Commentary: and other healines the same treatment as the Message Boards, email and CO. Store. It would give a more uniform look to the whole page.
I know it's hard to get the spirit of a messge by reading it, but please realize that the above is meant in the true spirit of an artist's critique and not a criticism.:) :)
Hope I could help.
-Tim

Originally posted by inFINSible
You know me, I'm all about uncovering the Dolphin;) ....other than that, it looks great:D :cool:
Originally posted by burghPhinFan
I really like the two orange bars across the top, but the Killer Dolphin seems to be hidden a little too much, what if you moved him above the orange bars but still below the icons?

I have to agree with both of these guys. The Dolphin is AWESOME and should not be hidden. :) Good job, AJ! :D

Just got home, and it seems that I have a few questions to ask and answer....

First, the reason why the Dolphin isn't uncovered more is because I wanted the Buttons to be placed there, because that creates a nice flow. I love the Dolphin... I just didn't want to disrupt the flow of things.

Another thing that Tim mentioned was to make Direct links, Seasonal, ect look like the buttons used above. I like the idea, however, I don't know if it will go well with the people using slow modems.

Good point about the Message Board and Forums, while to some people it means the same thing, to other people that are new to the online world :lol: it may be compleltly different.

Thanks for all of the constructive criticism... I will let you all know if changes are made, and when the site will be live.

First, the reason why the Dolphin isn't uncovered more is because I wanted the Buttons to be placed there, because that creates a nice flow. I love the Dolphin... I just didn't want to disrupt the flow of things.

I think it would look alright if his tail was still underneath the buttons. To me he looks like he's in jail.

Another thing that Tim mentioned was to make Direct links, Seasonal, ect look like the buttons used above. I like the idea, however, I don't know if it will go well with the people using slow modems.

That's one thing I didn't consider!
Looking forward to the new look!
-Tim

very slick and well organized :cool:

Back
Top Bottom