New England is no Minnesota... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England is no Minnesota...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Look at it this way..

Minnesota had nothing to lose.. New England has everything to lose.

Due to Minnesota's position they were unpredictable as evidenced by the Flea flickers, Randy Moss passes, etc.

Minnesota could afford to roll the dices.. 4th & 2? Heck let the Linebacker....errr...QB run it... NE cannot afford this risk nor do they have a gargantuan QB like Culpepper...

NE was simply MANHANDLED byt he Titans, and IMO I dont think the Titans are that strong of a team. NE has no running game... And do you remember last time Ricky played in the Snow?? We match up well with NE's dink and dunk style.. they have no burner like Moss/Moulds..

Plus we have an extra day to rest and prepare...

AFC West curse prevailed as I feared it would.. but the Phins always tend to bounce back from the dissapointment games with the exception of Buffalo/Green Bay...

The division is ours.. If the Phins lose they do not deserve the playoffs..

And if the Jets win the division I will cut off my left testicle and sell on Ebay... :(

& Miami can't play in the cold or on the road. So what's your point?

Umm.. Didnt we beat NE in the cold and snow in the last game of the season 2 years ago???

Who said we can't play in the cold???

Now, Ray Lucas, he can't play in the cold... Ricky doesn't have a problem to the tune of 228 yards...

in yet another December ROAD LOSS in the COLD :rolleyes:

Denver?? It wasnt snowing.. but it wasnt warm either..

Anyway, if we were playing any other cold weather team I wouldnt be so optimistic.. but NE? They lost their hunger... Complacency will be the end of them this year..

And the Phins haven't played complacent? :rofl:

I mean, we have a shot. We killed them down here. And, we have that crucial extra day. That WILL make a difference. Trust me. Tomorrow is when we begin watching tapes, while the Patriots are playing a ball game. We start some practices on Monday, while New England is relaxing and watching tape. By Tuesday, we're in pads, and New England is just running through some plays. The extra day will definately help, and also remember our guys may have been a little tired this week. It was our third game in 12 days. New England has been anything but impressive to me this year. Anotowain Smith isn't very good, and their only threat I'm worried about on offense is Troy Brown. He reminds me a little too much of the biggest Phin killer of all, Eric Moulds. Their defense is alright, but it won't do much better against Ricky than anyone else does. The biggest issue I have is a game winning kick by Vinatieri. It seems like every kicker makes every kick against us, especially in the clutch (G.Anderson, Elam), and Vinatieri is the best kicker of all, especially in the clutch. Just don't let the Patriots have the ball in the final two minutes.

I hate when people just say "We will beat them, they suck". We get these people every week, yet we continue to lose. Do you not realize that sometimes, we're not as good as you think? I remember when people truly thought we were going to go undefeated this year, before a game was played. I'm starting to be embarassed to be here, some comments are just downright stupid. If you're so confident we will beat the Patriots, would you at least explain it?

We have a great team.They just aren't consistant.Could it have been because of the short week?IMO, that isn't a good enough excuse.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I hate when people just say "We will beat them, they suck". We get these people every week, yet we continue to lose. Do you not realize that sometimes, we're not as good as you think? I remember when people truly thought we were going to go undefeated this year, before a game was played. I'm starting to be embarassed to be here, some comments are just downright stupid. If you're so confident we will beat the Patriots, would you at least explain it?

We will win next Sunday!!!

Anyway going back to the thread title, the patsies are not the Vikings. Their offense is not as talented as the Viking offense is. The Patsies do not have a 265 pound cannon-armed quarterback. The Patsies do not have a 285 pound fullback. The Patsies do not have a wide reciever who has dominating talent(when he feels like it). The Patsies have an offense that our defense matches up with better than we did against Minnesota. Also the game is not on a rug.

breck: I did explain why we will win.. And I cant stand all these "The sky is falling" fans every time the team loses.. Good teams lose sometimes too you know..

Phin fans appear to have been spoiled by the 72 Undefeated team, Dan Marino, and a consistent winning record...

The only thing that really disturbed me about yesterday's game were all the stupid penalties.. that must be stopped if we want to go anywhere in the playoffs...

Back
Top Bottom