New Entry at Run Ricky Run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Entry at Run Ricky Run

!PapaCrunk81!

'Cocaine and Toupes'
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just let ya know peeps, Mr. Williams has updated his commentary. Some good insight. It's also pre-Tampa.

Everyone should read this newest update. Very relevant.

I still blame Lucas.. :p

Even though I thought he was a good guy... and he did play decent in San Diego and vs. the Ravens.

And Ricky is right.....the Jets game was not his fault either.

Yes the Jets game was Ray's fault. Sorry, it was. The Jets sold out against the run. I hear what Ricky's saying I just have to respectfully disagree with him where it concerns the Jets game. I think he kinda admits that Ray did a lot to lose that first Buffalo game. But the Jets game, sorry...no. Ray Lucas tossed the ball into a defender's hands no less than FIVE times. I counted, and my roommate (bigtime Jets fan) went nuts thinking they were going to lose the game for not coming up with those balls when they got the opportunity.

Yes Ricky fumbled on the 2 yard line, but Ricky is being a bit modest, that was a handoff miscue whose source was, you guessed it, Ray Lucas. The guy couldn't even consistently drop back on a 3 or 5 step drop without stumbling all over himself.

The bottom line is on a day when the Jets offense could score only two field goals legitimately, we lost because the offense directed by Ray Lucas was either too inept to score points, or was sending 7 points the other way. Ray Lucas was a central figure in both of those factors. The Jets sold out on the run daring us to pass, and Lucas not only couldn't find the right man to get us into the endzone, but he was tossing the ball right into the hands of defenders just DARING them to intercept. He can't help it if Jet defenders have hands of stone. Otherwise his stubborn refusal to put any touch on his passes whatsoever, his blatant inaccuracy which included a few Randall Cunningham one-hoppers, his absolutely HORRID footwork (worst I've ever seen), his bad pocket presence, his tossing the ball right into the heart of a convergence of defenders were all primary factors in the reason why we lost that Jets game.

Could we have won despite Ray? Sure. If the refs don't make that no-TD call we win that game. But it would have been a W just like a few of those W's that the Houston Texans got last year with something ridiculous like a total of 50 yards running and passing.

Yeah, that fumble wasn't Ricky's fault at all.

Ya saw it on Yearbook ;)

Originally posted by The Beach Bum
could someone please post this new entry??? i keep going to his site and ggetting his old one that he wrote in mid-july...

u have to press ur refresh button ricky´s site and then you should see it ;)

Thanks Vic for the tip on runricky's site! I like what he wrote and he's right in most aspects of what he said, but, The Jets game was fu****, and most of that was Lucas's fault along with the refs too. Besides all that tho', I still feel bad about Lucas and I think in the end he showed that he was a real man in admitting that he helped botch some of those games, IMO.

http://run-ricky-run.com/

We were up early, kicking their butts. I think it was 10-0 or something. We got the ball back on our side of the fifty. A score, and they're done. We ran a reverse, lost the ball and they went on to score. If we get even three points, it's a different ballgame.
our whole season comes down to the reverse. Lucas and McK or CC or whomever get F'ed up and Lucas gets drilled and fumbles. If we can take that play back, Lucas was playing OK ag Buff before that. He got all shook up after than and never recovered.

BTW Sorry, Ricky, but there has got to be a reason the Phins went from top of the AFC to out and Lucas is at least 50% of the reason - which is bad for 1 player

Back
Top Bottom