new Feature request for Premium Only | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

new Feature request for Premium Only

Should we have Flash Sigs for premium members?

• Yes (size limited)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Open to all members

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Only if someone makes me one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A Wing Pilot

Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2
Reaction score
Didn't want to float this to non-premium members at all. Any chance of premium members having flash based signatures (size limited ofcourse) any one interested? what if someone made tehm for you?

Well technically yours is animated but not a flash, flash based would allow music, mouse-overs and a few more features

awing_pilot said:
Well technically yours is animated but not a flash, flash based would allow music, mouse-overs and a few more features
oh ok, I see. I don't know about music, could get annoying.

I'd be against it, but that would only be my very personal opinion.

I think the ones that move excessively already are an annoying distraction from the messages you're trying to read. I wouldn't want it to get worse.

Again, just my opinion.

NaboCane said:
I'd be against it, but that would only be my very personal opinion.

I think the ones that move excessively already are an annoying distraction from the messages you're trying to read. I wouldn't want it to get worse.

Again, just my opinion.
Whats your opinion on mine?

Nublar7 said:
Whats your opinion on mine?

Yours is fine; and others, although more active - like jt03023's, for example, or WharfRat's - are fine too.

But, do you remember dolphan dupree's cartoon sig from a while back? The one that was just black and white line drawings, but animated? That drove me to ignore his posts. I'm not epileptic, but every time I looked at his sig, it made me empathize with epileptics, because I always felt one second away from seizure looking at his sig.

Miami kid 92's sig right now crosses the line for me - when it becomes something that takes your eye away fro the content, it's pretty bad.

I don't believe flash sigs are a good idea:

1. due to size and
2. because people will keep getting asked to download software to view it (if they don't have it) It could contribute greatly to people leaving the site in favour of another one because of it.

im against it cause if you have 4 diffrent posters with music for example and all post on the same thread its gonna sound like a bad train reck.

ok so then we say no music.. but then you have posters with these whole little movies and people will get distractred from threads and reply to someones thread with

"hey [username] awesome sig man. how did you do that"

insted of discussing the topic at hand.

Mindwarp said:
im against it cause if you have 4 diffrent posters with music for example and all post on the same thread its gonna sound like a bad train reck.

ok so then we say no music.. but then you have posters with these whole little movies and people will get distractred from threads and reply to someones thread with

:yeahthat:

Mindwarp said:

Good point. I was in the "don't care" camp, but now you can switch my vote to "no".

I do like the idea of offering custom sigs to members (maybe cause I don't have one) but flash might be over the top. Would be an interesting 'reward' though.

Back
Top Bottom