New FoxSports Mock Out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New FoxSports Mock Out

BigTallChris

Jason Taylor's Illegit White Brother
Reaction score
Fox Sports just released their latest version of their mock draft - Version 6.0.

They have us selecting Jimmy Williams, DB from Virginia Tech:

"Nick Saban has shown a willingness to take a chance on inconsistent athletes in the past with Ricky Williams and Manuel Wright. Jimmy Williams wasn't as dominant at his Pro Day as expected and struggles with consistency at times, but he is the draft's most gifted cornerback. Some might feel the Dolphins have addressed the need for corners with the recent free agent addition of Will Allen, but depth behind Allen and Travis Daniels is unreliable. "

Any comments?

WelcomeBack said:
If Jimmy Williams is the pick, I feel either he or Daniels makes the move to Safety.

I agree. I think that on defense, safety is currently our weak spot, although we could use some more help at OLB if we don't get Arrington. Jimmy Williams has been hyped as the type of guy who can easily play corner or safety. So, I think he would give us greater flexibility and depth in the secondary.

I'm still unsure of who I'd like to grab in the 1st round, though. Depends on who's available: Justice, Jackson, Hill, Winston, Greenway, Holmes. Any of them would be good picks.

If Winston Justice, or Chad Greenway are on the board and we pass on one of them for Jimmy Williams, I'm gonna lose it! :fire:

but I would have to trust Saban knows what he's doing. So I would get over it in a couple hours.

I'm growing more and more confident that Williams is falling to the end of the 1st and Allen would be the CB/S choice at 16.

Jimmy James said:
I'm growing more and more confident that Williams is falling to the end of the 1st and Allen would be the CB/S choice at 16.

here here... It's amazing how these guys values rise and fall so quickly.

To call a guy who is almost certainly an NFL safety, 'the most gifted corner' is laughable.

i doubt justice falls to dallas. i dont think santonio holmes makes out of the first round too.

Back
Top Bottom