New GM Candidate? Jason Licht from the Eagles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM Candidate? Jason Licht from the Eagles

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/11616362.htm

The Eagles declined comment yesterday on whether they have been contacted by the Miami Dolphins about interviewing Birds assistant director of player personnel Jason Licht for a position in their personnel department.

Licht, 34, came to the Eagles 2 years ago from the New England Patriots, but he began his pro career as an assistant in the Dolphins' scouting department, working there under current Eagles player personnel vice president Tom Heckert, in 1995-96.

Licht could not be reached for comment last night.

Interesting. I think whoever we get, he'll slot into Saban's backbone perfectly. This guy sounds like he could be around for a lot of years -- I haven't heard of him although he was with the Dolphins though. Good find Surf.

Well if he had a hand in fleecing us for a second rounder in exchange for Feeley he should be a good pickup. Then again my 8 yr old niece could have outsmarted Wanny and Spielman.

He has a good trajectory coming from two succesful clubs.It sounds as he would be a nice fit as a low key personnel evaluator.

first reported on PFT.com.....you guys may hate them sometimes, but they threw out a few names that could be serious candidates

clear.gif

He's not going to be the GM... Saban is the GM.

He'll be a personnel guy. tbh, I think Saban is a decent talent evaluator, and would like him to stay. Someone like Licht or DeCosta could become our own Scott Pioli.

Surferosa said:
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/11616362.htm

The Eagles declined comment yesterday on whether they have been contacted by the Miami Dolphins about interviewing Birds assistant director of player personnel Jason Licht for a position in their personnel department.

Licht, 34, came to the Eagles 2 years ago from the New England Patriots, but he began his pro career as an assistant in the Dolphins' scouting department, working there under current Eagles player personnel vice president Tom Heckert, in 1995-96.

Licht could not be reached for comment last night.

Excellent find Surf.....!!!! This guy sounds like someone Saban would consider....hidden personnel man w/ a track record (I think) and slightly below the radar screen.

finsnchips said:
He's not going to be the GM... Saban is the GM.

He'll be a personnel guy. tbh, I think Saban is a decent talent evaluator, and would like him to stay. Someone like Licht or DeCosta could become our own Scott Pioli.

I think speilman can do that rather nicely..

Dudeman said:
first reported on PFT.com.....you guys may hate them sometimes, but they threw out a few names that could be serious candidates

Its unfair to say that we may hate PFT.com sometimes. I personally hate them all the time.
They throw out more than a few names, they make up as much garbage as humanly possible, then when 1 of their predictions actually comes to pass, they pound their chest like they are the king of all sports reporting.

They are nothing more than the "National Enquirer" or "Weekly World News" of internet sports sites.

I think it's really been a good thing that we've been seeing our search for a new GM because more public. First with Webster and now Licht... It's pretty obvious that Saban wants to address the situation, the big questions are WHO and WHEN?? I hope we show interest and end up interviewing A LOT of people because I don't want just to sign just anyone and he figure... that anyone can do better than Spielman. I want someone intelligent with experience, and I'm sure Saban will the guy he wants eventually. I'm expecting a lot more names to be mentioned of being our next possible GM. In otherwards, I'm not sold on Spielman, Webster, or Licht. It's too early to be deciding on that, I'm just glad it's getting more attention and is being looked at more in depth.

Back
Top Bottom