New guy's mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New guy's mock

FakeSpike13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres the new guy's mock draft(contingent upon trading down with Philly and getting the 28th pick, the left guard and their 4th rder):

1st Rd (28): We wouldn't need a guard now, picking up Philly's left guard, so my choice here is Sean Jones, safety, Georgia. 6-2, 213 lbs, 4.5 40. Good range, playmaker, explodes out of his backpedal. Compared by scouts to Ed Reed. Good complement to the slower, but ball-hawking Knight. He can learn From him.

3rd Rd (87):Demorrio Williams, Nebraska, OLB. 6-1, 221, 4.65 40. Relentess pursuirer, great recognition skills, good upfield burst on the blitz, and is smooth, instinctive, and fast in coverage. Needs to bulk up, which is not the biggest of problems. He's a playmaker and good in pass coverage, which Thomas and Seau aren't. Could take Greenwood's spot now, and eventually replace Seau as a versatile blitzer when Seau retires whille shifting Eddie Moore to Greenwood's spot as SSLB.

4th (119)For all you guys dying for a wr, here's where we choose one. Johnnie Morant, Syracuse. Remember we still have Thompson and a few other guys to compete for the 3rd slot. Biggest boom or bust prospect of the year, but with new coach Jerry Sullivan, I have the faith. 6-4, 221, 4.49 40. Excellent size/speed combo. Great body control, will go over the middle with confidence, and a good blocker to run the 3-wide package and run at those smaller, nickel defenses. His weakenesses all center around lack of concentration, which like said before will be countered by Sullivan.

4th(131- From Philly) Junior Siavi, DT, Oregon. 6-4, 320, 5.18 40. Tall, well-built, and good lower-body strength. Good initial quickness, and shows good leverage. Flashes quickness and power as a pass rusher. He's inexperienced ebcause he was a junior college transfer who didn't start in high school till his senior season. Great physical tools, and impressive upside. We'll have to be patient with him, but Chester, Zgonina and T-bo, we can.

6th(186): Von Hutchins, Mississippi, CB. 5-9, 179 lbs, 4.43 40. Excellent speed and good burst out ofthe backpedal. He's very agile and plays bigger than his size would indicate. Solid open-field tackler with some pop. We can enventually get rid of Madison, move Howard outside and Hutchins to the slot. Had some ankle and knee problems. This is the only reason he slipts from a 4th rder to a 6th. Will be a great late-round value because he has the toughness, speed, and coverage skills to be come a solid No. 3 corner.

7th (219) Ryan Fowler, Duke, ILB. 6-3, 240, 4.92 40. NFL scouts compare him to Zeke Moreno. Outstanding upper-body strength, sheds blocks quickly, and plays with a non-stop motor. Shows good recognition in coverage and will make plays on instinct and effort alone. Can anyone say ZT?

7th (221) Antonio Hall, OT, Kentucky. 6-3, 313, 5.3 40. A well-built, mauling right tackle or more fittingly, guard prospect. Plays well with leverage, and very good in the run game. Can overpower ends. He lacks speed and athleticism, therefore we can move him to guard. He's an underrated prospect, with a chance to develop into a fine starting guard or a valuable backable tackle at the very least. Compared to Jonas Jennings of the Bills.

HAVE FUN PICKING IT APART GUYS. I feel its a very solid mock, but those who sweat the 1st rd wr or lineman will have plenty to B*tch about...

I like your mock and it is a great post. However, I still think we need to get a player that can contribute this year. I like Jones alot but feel if we take the best WR left on the board we may get more production. Also, Chambers is a FA nest year and if CC or DB go down with an injury then we have someone who can make the plays. I do feel we will sign CC to a long term deal, but you never know. I also feel that we will be ok at safety this year. Knight is still young, and I thought he had a good year. Freeman is a question, but he did show some potential the year he started and I think the coaches feel he needed some time to mature in this league. I would still draft a safety in the 4th. By the way I love Williams in the 3rd.

Nice way to get around Miami's first pick (then tell others to ***** about it) :)

I sincerely doubt that a trade that goes down 8 spots gives us a NFC Championship game participants LG - John Welbourn - and a 4th rounder.

Jones is a nice pick and Demorrio Williams is my favourite player in the draft - see the OLB ratings that Muck is about to post at Draft Central - but 2 things on him; 1 - he won't last till the 3rd and 2, more importantly, he isn't a SLB - he is far too small to play there, thus wouldn't replace MG. He's a weakside LB or a safety.

A little high for Morant, plus I think if we go WR in that 3rd round area, it's going to be a smaller type guy, rather than another big, physical guy like our 1st 3 on the current depth chart.

I like Hall as well, although he's steal of the century in the 7th.

I'm not the biggest fan of this mock.

Rick don't think our need for Oline is that desperate...Consequently i don't like the Welbourn pick-up based on the fact that he is a guard. We need another tackle not a guard.

I'm not to keen on safety at 28. If Sean Taylor slips to 10 then I think we should trade up. The earliest I'd look at safety is r.3, and only then if schweigert or ware is available.

I'm a Vilma/Williams fan and wouldn't mind taking a linebacker at 20.

Despite last years pick there is a strong case for either of the hurricanes prospects. Vilma is a flat out baller whilst Williams is one hell of an athlete. I favour Williams with his athleticism.

This is assuming that Andrews is not available.

A WR I like in the 3rd round area is Alabama's Triandos Luke, if we're looking at that position and that spot.

I like your mock but I'm not sold on safety with the first pick after getting Edwards. I'd take BPA, maybe Lee Evans, Williams or Dansby.

Also do you think Hutchins at 5'9 would be able to press coverage like we would want to?

Other than that I like it and would be glad to have it. :welcome:

Boomer, why do you doubt my trade proposition with Philly? Didn't Cincy and Denver just make a trade with denver moving up 7 picks, giving up Deltha O'neal, and a 4th rder?

Only coz Deltha O'Neill was a guy that Denver were almost certain to cut after June 1st and a guy who had gotten so bad that they had moved him from corner where he was such a liability, to wide receiver. That was a terrible trade for Cincinnati. I just don't see Philly moving up 8 spots up to 'just' 20 and giving up Welbourn. I think if they get to the top 15, then maybe they add Welbourn, but I don't see that. But them I'm not a GM, just an opinionated Brit. :)

I have to agree with Boomer here that is too steep of a price for the Eagles. What player is there at 20 that is basically worth two extra players including your starting LG. O'neal was on the way out so Denver used that to their advantage to move him to lessen the price to move up. Hey come to think of it that sounds familiar....... Does Jamar Fletcher ring a bell. Hey Boomer do you think that Denver could be looking at Stephen Jackson at 17, that would be my guess.

Fins - actually I'll be very surprised if it is Jackson to be honest. They have 2 backs that theylike returning in Quentin Griffin and Ahmad Galloway, plus they brought in Garrison Hearst, who of course isn't the same Garrison Hearst he once was, but....

And it's a cliche, but having had such success in the middle rounds with backs over the past few years, I could see Denver taking a Cedric Cobbs or Tatum Bell in the 3rd/4th round area and being very happy. I just don't think it's Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan's modus operandi to trade up for a TB. I would think they have targeted either of the two Williams' Mike and Reggie and they will be looking to add one to play with Ashley Lelie.

If thats the case then why only move up to Cinci's 17th when you could very well see Reggie go off the board at 16 to the 49ers. Anyone after that probably could have been had at 24. Because lets be honest who between 17 and 23 is in dire need of a WR? I would love to see Denver take Jackson because it would mean that the Pats dont get him.

I think the Pats have more than enough ammo to get to 16 or 15 or even 5 if they really want to. Shanahan must know that, which is why I'm cautious to the Jackson move.

Back
Top Bottom