New Head Coach Canidates....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Head Coach Canidates.......

Dolphin Dan

Alright, MIAMI!
Reaction score
Guys, as i am sure you all were, I was extremely disappointed in our performance Yesterday. I also was NOT in the least shocked by it. Same old Dolphins. We face a tough opponent with some key guys out, in a big spot and we **** the Bed. So in an effort to talk about something meaningful, here is a list of some of the Coaches I would like to look at.

1) Charlie Weiss, OC NE PATS. This is the best option IMO, because he is a disciple of the 2 best Coaches in the NFL right Now, Parcells and Belichek. Plus he is an Offensive coach.

2) Mike Malarkey, OC Pittsburgh. Another Offensive Guy with solid credentials.

3) Mark Trestman, OC Oakland. Young Offensive coach who learned under Gruden.

These are my top three, with Weiss being my Favorite by far. Other guys I don't like as much because they are DC's or not a good fit IMO, but will be mentioned are:

Stoops(Never leaving OU)
Dennis Green(Never won in the Playoffs)
Tom Caughlin(Maybe, but I don't know why he never did it with Jax)
Romeo Crennell(DC)
Kiffin(DC not leaving Tampa)

What are your Thoughts??????

I hope you are wrong, my friend. I think we need to get as far away from JJ and his ex coaches as we can. We need new blood. Weiss would be great, I am telling you.

As I have posted in another thread, I like Cowher from Pittsburgh. Every time he had average players he would make a run. Their GM always had a terrible time keeping talent and left him to rebuild every year, but if we could keep Spielman maybe we could get him some of the talent he would need.
From all you hear this is gonna be his last year in Pitt. no matter what. I think I would like him over anyone listed above except Stoops and like you said, he ain't going any where.
Just like some of the other post have pointed out, when you put a cordinator in as HC it is a hit or miss deal. You really can't predict what will happen. Weiss is a interesting idea though.

I don't know how true this could be, but George Sedano (Local sports talk host for the out-of-towners) said Bill Cowher could be let go due to the dissapointing season (Even though they virtually NO talent on that team) If they did let him go, the Steelers are idiots. Anyone else here George talking about that on the show (940 AM)?

Norv Turner???? I don't think so. I sense we will finally be done with the J.J. era if/when Wanny gets his walking papers.

I like the Charlie Weiss suggestion. Helps break up that Bellicheck mojo in New England.

Of that list, I would take Coughlin, no question. His dictator-type ways may have worn thin after 8 years in Jacksonville, but they sure produced results in his earlier years. 4 play-off appearances in his first 5 years, with 2 division titles and 2 AFC Championship Game appearances. I know they never got to the Super Bowl, but I'll take that resume. I've heard he still watches and analyzes lots of games and wants to get back into coaching. I'd go for him.

Funny that we both said the same thing at the same time. Scary.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
As I have posted in another thread, I like Cowher from Pittsburgh. Every time he had average players he would make a run. Their GM always had a terrible time keeping talent and left him to rebuild every year, but if we could keep Spielman maybe we could get him some of the talent he would need.
From all you hear this is gonna be his last year in Pitt. no matter what. I think I would like him over anyone listed above except Stoops and like you said, he ain't going any where.
Just like some of the other post have pointed out, when you put a cordinator in as HC it is a hit or miss deal. You really can't predict what will happen. Weiss is a interesting idea though.

I would like Cowher too. 4 AFC Championship Game appearances, one Super Bowl, and he's been to the play-offs almost every year.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38

Okay so I'm not the only one who heard about it. Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, Bill Bellichek...all great examples of how you can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t...those guys flat out know how to win.

No way Norv gets the job, imo. Norv is half the problem. He's going down with Wanny. Neither one of those guys will be head coaches again.

1 - Wanny has failed in two stints as HC.

2 - Norv failed in one place as a HC and failed twice as an OC since leaving Dallas.

The fact is, the Dallas teams were very vanilla on both sides of the ball. The reason they won? They were motivated to believe by JJ and they had superior talent to anyone in the league.

They had a hall of fame QB, RB, WR. Plus, a very good deep threat at the other WR spot. Then they had a monster OL, a great, pro bowl TE and a masher at FB.

On Defense, they were as fast as any team in the league, the best pass rusher in the league, Charles Haley, and, later, the best CB in the league - Deion.

The OC and DC did little to impact that team.

Cowher may be good, my only problem with him is he is a Defensive coach, and I believe we need someone with an offensive mindset. Coughlin lost his players in Jax.......Turner is proving this year he has no clue. Remember this about Charlie Weiss as well, he would have been considered for HC positions but wasn't because of his weight. He then had surgery and almost died. He had the surgery to make himself more Presentable as a HC. I really think he would be the guy to turn it around for us. He won 2 Super Bowls with Parcells with the giants, went to one with Bill and the Pats, and won 1 with Bellichek 2 years ago. Any Pats Fans out there have an opinion of him????

Okay let me preface this post by saying that I don't follow college football , so I couldn't tell you much about it. I do realize that Bob Stoops is the coach of Oklahoma, the #1 team in the nation, and from what I hear and read, they look very strong, but what has everyone seen that makes him such a big favorite to be head coach? College coaches don't always pan out do they? Again, I'm ignorant when it comes to college ball, so don't rake me over the coals on this one. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom