New Mock on NFL Draft Countdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock on NFL Draft Countdown

crowder_rules

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know this is a favorite site for a lot of people. I certainly like it. They just released a new 2 round mock draft.

Round 1: Jay Cutler

Round 2: DeMario Minter, CB, UGAs

-footnote: they have richard marshall, cb, fresno state going to new england with the pick right after us because of the pat hill connection. i think we wound def pick marshall over minter. minter has some off-field issues.

also, i would love this mock with marshall. then a lb and lineman in later rounds. maybe a safety. but i think value in those areas can be found later. you really dont get value as much in qb and cb in later rounds. i think that there are just too many questions about mitchell and poole to count on them. we need another cb. i would love marshall.

if Nick is so "enamored" with Cutler and he manages to fall to us then so be it...I'd be happy with the pick because I trust Saban....

I know we need 2ndary help so depending on what we do in FA prior, & based on that board I would trade down and select Max Jean-Gilles. This guy is a monster.

Itsdahumidity said:
I know we need 2ndary help so depending on what we do in FA prior, & based on that board I would trade down and select Max Jean-Gilles. This guy is a monster.

Depends what the coaches think about McKinney/Hadnot/Carey....

If McKinney is not resigned, then they probably will intend for Hadnot to play C full-time, and if they want to keep Carey at RT, then MJG is a great pick...

If they want to move Carey to RG, then Justice (or another RT) would be the better pick...

As you said, FA will play a role too.
We shall see...

Agree that the draft will depend a lot on what we do in free agency first and of course on who's on the board at the time we pick.Depending on free agency I'd hope we come out of day one with a QB,an o-lineman and then either a LB or a DB(probably a safety)and then get the rest in free agency and use day 2 for depth.....keep on mind that we have some young guys that should do better next year or just actually play like Vickerson,Poole,Roth,Manny just to name a few.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Agree that the draft will depend a lot on what we do in free agency first and of course on who's on the board at the time we pick.Depending on free agency I'd hope we come out of day one with a QB,an o-lineman and then either a LB or a DB(probably a safety)and then get the rest in free agency and use day 2 for depth.....keep on mind that we have some young guys that should do better next year or just actually play like Vickerson,Poole,Roth,Manny just to name a few.

Ozzy rules!!

Yes, a lot of people forget about Vickerson....
He was looking VERY IMPRESSIVE before his injury (which wasn't as bad as they originally thought - no tears, just a strain).
Vickerson & Manny will be 2 great DLs for us for many years....

Poole will help, but sometimes it takes 2 years before you FULLY recover from ACL surgery (ie, Edgerin James, etc). We shall see with Poole, but I like his potential.

Roth didn't do a lot in 2005, but DE often takes a couple years to fully develop (ie, Ogunleye). I think Roth will get stronger, and refine his skills, and be a solid DE for us (at LEAST a solid DE, if not better).

Crowder is only getting better...
Ronnie Brown goes without saying...

If we can find a long-term QB, and fill a couple other weak spots, we've got ourselves a solid foundation to build from for many years to come fellas...
The future is bright. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom