NEW OC good move.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NEW OC good move..

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Collier being promoted to OC is a good move.. in the last 10 years we have had what... 5 OC? well it takes more then 2yrs to "MASTER A SYSTEM" our offence has had to change there thoughts every couple of seasons.. Collier was Norvcs assistant and was being molded by Norv. Now while the offence wont change right away I belive our new QB coach/ asst. Head Coach Trestman will be handing Collier a play here and there to slowly add to the playbook and make it great.

Heres to the postive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Mindwarp
Collier being promoted to OC is a good move.. in the last 10 years we have had what... 5 OC? well it takes more then 2yrs to "MASTER A SYSTEM" our offence has had to change there thoughts every couple of seasons.. Collier was Norvcs assistant and was being molded by Norv. Now while the offence wont change right away I belive our new QB coach/ asst. Head Coach Trestman will be handing Collier a play here and there to slowly add to the playbook and make it great.

Heres to the postive!

Good call, here's a article that supports your conclusions...

Turner's move is a win-win situation

I tend to agree

well it came so fast that i think they already had there mind made up with norv leaving. I think it will work becuase of trestman/Sullivan.

Originally posted by finfan54
well it came so fast that i think they already had there mind made up with norv leaving. I think it will work becuase of trestman/Sullivan.

I actually think it will work because of Collier....

I'm not all that convinced. I think Collier may end up being an ok coordinator someday but as far as the consistency thing goes yeah Collier may start using the same terminology with the players that Norv used but, lets face it he's not going to be running with Norv's philosophy.

Problem is, he doesn't even have his own philosophy yet. Least not a consistent one. This I think will only facilitate confusion in the passing game and from QBs...at least right away it will...as they try to figure out what the OC is thinking. The reason is because the OC himself doesn't have an organized set of objectives. By the time Norv left, Sage Rosenfels said he could almost predict which play Norv was calling based on the formation because he got inside Norv's head and knew his philosophy. I can hardly imagine that happening now with a first time coordinator.

Sure, may be unpredictable to the defense, but execution will suffer.

Actually, the more I think about Collier, but especially Trestman and Sullivan (both former NFL OC's), in there, the more I really like this. You now have somewhat of a three headed monster for OC with Collier calling the shots at game time but all three putting together game plans week in and week out.

The offensive philosophy will come from Collier however, both Trestman and Sullivan come from different schools of thought and both will help add some valuable input to the overall offensive game plan. They might recognize certain tendancies in opponents that the other might miss because the opponent is running a similar scheme to those they've run in the past or, better yet, they could throw some wrinkles into the offense that will catch opponents completely off guard.

Now, all of this has one very big "if" in it and that is this: these guys have to be able to get along and check each of their egos to a certain extent and, from what I've heard/read, this shouldn't be a problem.

I like the move and think that we are all going to see an offense that all most of us will really like.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm not all that convinced. I think Collier may end up being an ok coordinator someday but as far as the consistency thing goes yeah Collier may start using the same terminology with the players that Norv used but, lets face it he's not going to be running with Norv's philosophy.

Problem is, he doesn't even have his own philosophy yet. Least not a consistent one. This I think will only facilitate confusion in the passing game and from QBs...at least right away it will...as they try to figure out what the OC is thinking. The reason is because the OC himself doesn't have an organized set of objectives. By the time Norv left, Sage Rosenfels said he could almost predict which play Norv was calling based on the formation because he got inside Norv's head and knew his philosophy. I can hardly imagine that happening now with a first time coordinator.

Sure, may be unpredictable to the defense, but execution will suffer.

CK your right about trying to figure out a new offensive philosophy specially with these guys being exposed to one for the last 2 years. Thanfully that is why there are numerous QB camps and training camps in the offseason....

How many OC changes? Someone posted 5 OC in the last 10 years? Maybe this is one of the reasons this offense has not been on track in that time.

CK that's the beauty of this, you have a OC who is not conceded or set in his ways, I think this give you a open O. If Sage knew Norv's O by formation, he'll still know it since we won't change it too much. As I've stated before, Collier will have mini camps, scrimages, and the pre season to get ready. I kind of like the fact that teams don't know what to expect and can't watch film of OC's we may have brought in to see their philosophies in different situations. Right now, as you say, Our O philosophy is a ??? to us as well as our opponents.

Back
Top Bottom