New OC=New Offense ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC=New Offense ?

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Reaction score
I dont think if we get a new OC it has to mean we install a new offense.Wouldnt it make sense just to keep the same playbook and let the OC just call the plays?

With Trestman it will be the WCO. The one most succesfully run. You know the 95 49ers O.

The problem is that team's FO is geared to win this year, not to start over from scratch...

So the playbook will probably stay the same, with some added wrinkles to some plays. Maybe in a few years as DW career with Mia runs down, Trestman will get the HC job and change the playbook to the WCO...

Who knows maybe some plays this year will reflect the WCO...

And Tampa won with a completely new playbook.

We will switch to WCO.

Sounds good to me. I think we have some of the personnel to get this done, namely a good pass-catching running back and a big-play tight end. How does this affect whether or not Brunell comes here?

Originally posted by Jaj
We will switch to WCO.

Nope!

Conservative Dave stepped in on that one. :D

"I didn't want to change systems," Wannstedt said. "I didn't want to go to the West Coast offense."

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I just noticed the quote in an article and thought it answered some questions.

yeah, we are not going WCO. Especially if Rivers gets drafted. They will simply call plays (similar playbook we already have) better suited for our guys. which is basically was the problem! they want to go downfield and over the middle. they didnt do that early! we were always gong down the lame sideline hoping for a miracle.

They will strike in the air and on Land by way of the Ricky express. Dan marino never had a Ricky.:D

Back
Top Bottom