New on Vernon Carey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New on Vernon Carey

Let them. Carey at 19 is a major reach. That would push a better player down to us.

Now that I read the article, this probably merits posting...

"Tice talked openly a few weeks ago about his desire to trade down in the first round of the draft idea. He has since told reporters that while he's keeping his options open, he now believes the team will select from the No. 19 spot. The latest Fanball mock draft projects Carey being selected with the No. 29 pick, so the Vikings could potentially trade down and still get the former Hurricane, whom they would eventually use to replace the aging David Dixon on the offensive line."

Minnesota might take him at 19, but it sounds like trading down is more likely.

eltos_lightfoot said:
Isn't it funny how everyone is trying to trade down? Doesn't that require people to want to trade up?

This is, of course, the essential problem of this draft. It's a deep draft, so there are more teams that want to move down than move up. However, I think you'll see this even out on draft day. As teams edge closer to their pick, you may see them lock in on one guy, and move up a few spots to make sure he's there. I do think that moving up will be cheaper than usual this year, though.

Back
Top Bottom