New proposed CBA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New proposed CBA

Im a hard no on the new playoff format. Watered down playoffs is not enjoyable.

the extra 17th game is ok if they can preseason games to 2-3 games.

My heart bleeds for JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers and the Pouncey twins who campaigned for the No vote because they felt they were underpaid.
Their complaint wasn’t about their money, it was about adding the 17th game and an additional playoff team which will mean more chance of injury with a longer season. If it was about the money for the higher paid players I would be upset too if that was the reason these players opposed the new CBA. Yet I 100% agree with the players who oppose the 17 game season and an additional playoff team. The present schedule of 16 games and and 6 playoff teams in each conference is perfect IMO.

Good news. I was dreading a work stoppage and with what's going on in the world right now this is the best thing for the players imo. The deal wasn't perfect and I'm speaking as a fan when I say I'm happy there's more games but at the end of the day I don't think the players would ever get a better deal than what was offered. The owners were prepared to stand their ground and allow the players to hold out. Expanded regular season and play offs was inevitable.

See. I personally don't mind the new playoff format because in the past few years there have been teams with winning records that have been left out.

Preferably I would rather teams earn their spots and then sorted into their seeds at the end of the season based on record. That way teams with better records get the higher seeds and those with worse records get the lower seeds.

As a season ticket holder I’m for anything that helps me not pay for preseason games.
Yet with now a extra regular season game you’ll pay more for that.

Good that some of the older (retired) players get more money.

Back
Top Bottom