New Signature Policy - Please Read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Signature Policy - Please Read

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Hello one and all,

In a clear landside (42-6), and perhaps the largest voter turnout on this board, the staff has made the decision that there should be a maximum of one image per signature. In addition, the maximum width and height for this image should be no larger than 400x300.

So, if this affects anyone, please adjust your signature appropriately. If you have any problems resizing your image, please do one of the two options.

1. Use the Photo Gallery. Simply upload the photo you wish to use, then use the thumbnail image (the smaller image) to put in your signature. You can do this by right clicking on that image, and go to "Properties." You will notice the Address, simply copy that address, but delete everything after the question mark, including the question mark.

So, for example:

Wrong:

1RunRickyRun-med.jpg

Correct:

url]

Please note that there will be no spaces around the img tags.

2. Another option is to use the Mihox Image Resizer, which is located here: http://www.imageresizer.com/

Once you have the image resized, you must then upload the image to a website, and then link to the image. Please note, this is for more advanced users.

After one week from today, the staff of the message board reserves the right to edit your signature. Since we do not have the time available, we will not be edit the image, we will simply remove it. However, if you ask for help resizing your image, we will gladly assist you.

I hope everyone understands this decision. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns with this decision, please post them here.

Thank you once again for being a member of FinHeaven & Co - where you get DRENCHED with Finformation!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Ah, thats too bad, cause my signature has two pictures, but one is really small..........

Hey Andrew, I agree that their should be 1 pic in sig...but could you or someone else post a picture inn this thread of the MAX size it could be? Thanks.

See, it's not so bad....... :)

clear.gif

That's a more than generous size... most pics don't take up that much real estate.... but it allows for some of the larger ones to stay intact...

Exactly. We've allowed for the tall/narrow and the short/wide. So everyone should be more than happy.

I've got lots of room to spare! :D

EDIT 1: Well, now it won't show up! Spectacular!

EDIT 2: There, now it works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess that I am not affected by the pics-in-sigs sizes cause I don't know how to put them on my sig anyway.:tongue: :D

Andrew Tatum [/B][/QUOTE]

AJ, i don't know what I'm doing wrong, but i can't get any pics to load up. I tried it with spaces between the img tags and without. this should work for any pic on the web with it's own link,as long as it's sizes correctly, right?

Hey DD, sign on on AIM. I'll help you out if as long as I'm on. :)

FYI - if you're using our image gallery to house your pics, are you deleting the "?12345" stuff after the ".jpg"??

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Hey DD, sign on on AIM. I'll help you out if as long as I'm on. :)

FYI - if you're using our image gallery to house your pics, are you deleting the "?12345" stuff after the ".jpg"??

Thanks, Muck, but I was just trying to load something from the web.

Perhaps the site doesn't support hot linking?? Go ahead and do what you were trying to do in the sig and I'll take a look. :)

Back
Top Bottom