New Updates for Salary Cap Page | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Updates for Salary Cap Page

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
All that cap space and ya still need 2 starters on the OL

June 1 is comming.....:D

FYI - I neglected to edit two important figures when I initially updated the page. Those totals are in the Summary section and have now been corrected. :)

Well, Lets just say we were in cap jail...I say if we were, w emust have had a big screen tv, leather couchs and king sized bed in there because it is looking good now. I am leaning more towards wrapping O-gun up long term and resigning Chambers with this money moreso than anything else. I would rather hit up Chambers now as opposed to after this season where could poetentially have his first 1000 yard seaosnunder his belt and watch his asking price sky rocket.

Cap Jail was true until the unexpected increase in the cap and lower tender amts. That gave Miami an extra $3 million more cap space than originally expected in 2004 PLUS the fact that future salary caps will start out higher. Clearly, this helped Miami look at the salary cap situation and make the decision that they didn't have to go status quo as in recent yrs, they could make some bolder moves. But having cap space isn't always a great thing, outside of Jeno James and Reggie Howard, nothing to write home about and your top 3 moves(James, Howard, and Feeley) have been overpaid

Cap Jail was true until the unexpected increase in the cap and lower tender amts. That gave Miami an extra $3 million more cap space than originally expected in 2004 PLUS the fact that future salary caps will start out higher. Clearly, this helped Miami look at the salary cap situation and make the decision that they didn't have to go status quo as in recent yrs, they could make some bolder moves. But having cap space isn't always a great thing, outside of Jeno James and Reggie Howard, nothing to write home about and your top 3 moves(James, Howard, and Feeley) have been overpaid

Are you sure the top 3 have been overpaid, doesn't look like their salaries will break any banks. A starting QB 5 years..annual cap figure under 3 mil. Same for the rest, I don't call that overpaying.

I sort of agree for Reggie Howard... but James and Feeley were NOT overpaid, unless you are talking about the pick given up for feeley.

Dolphins | Contract Details: QB A.J. Feeley - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:13:51 -0800

Updating previous reports, Miami Dolphins QB A.J. Feeley's five-year deal with the team has base salaries of $455,000 (2004), $540,000 (2005), $3.5 million (2006), $4.55 million (2007) and $5.6 million (2008).

With the reported $3million signing bonus that equates to $1.055million and $1.14million cap number for 2004 and 2005 respectively.

With regards to Jeno James... he was considered the 3rd best O-line prospect available in free agency after Woody and Tait... and we got him at a SIGNIFICANT discount of those overinflated contracts they received. True, it may be a bigger contract than guards typically have gotten in the past, but apparently the market is rising for them. Teams are beginning to realise how important good O-lineman are to a team's success and a shelling out the $$$ to make sure they get good ones. Personally, I think we got a GREAT deal on the James signing.

We have about $10 million in cap space right now so if even if the positive cap changes didn't happen we would still have $7 to $8 million in cap space. The reason for the extra million is that tender increases were due to be lower this year just as the minimum salary and draft bonus increases have slowed down. If the increased cap changes did not happen then contracts would be lower too.

As for overpaying for our moves, every team that acts before and during the first couple of weeks of F.A. overpays for the players they acquire. It is normal and expected every year to overpay for the best players before another team takes them. Even the Eagles who are notorious for being very cap aware drastically overpaid for the Freak. I read he got paid $2 million for every sack he made in the last two years. :eek:

To be honest the Dolphins have restructured many contracts this year so they better not make F. A. mistakes, as there will be less room in the future to correct them. They also have to make better personnel decisions in the draft especially for offensive linemen.

Cap Jail.......my A$$....

I told you clumpy that I was told that they would have around 11.5 million to spend............ and you said that I was "smoking some funky stuff."

So the question now is...............Do you want your crow on a bun........ or with fries?

:roflmao:

BTW,....I told you so.......:lol:

So what is it? Cap country club? or Cap Condo on the Beach?

Sorry that I had to gloat......but....I told you so...again...:lol:

You do great work though Clumpy although you apparently can't tell the difference between a Cap Jail and a Cap Country Club.....

Back
Top Bottom