New Updates for Salary Cap Page | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Updates for Salary Cap Page

Clumpy...How in the hell can you be a Bills fan? You are WAAAYYYY to cool.

Great job!!!!!

:up:

isnt the cap $81Million??

hi I am Victoria and I am new to the forum, I thought the cap was the same for all teams and this year it was 81 million? oh well, anyway hi everybody and GO PHINS!!!
Vivtoria

:welcome: Victoria

In simple terms, the NFL sets an "unadjusted" salary cap for all teams and that is $80,582,000. However, each team is subject to a cap adjustment based on paid and unpaid bonuses from 2003 season. It can add cap space like the Vikings or subtract cap space like the Fins. Please check out the salary cap forum for more info :)

Newbies:spank:Bills fans

We're 9 mill under but we still need to o-linemen and another WR. Also we need a back up MLB, a back up FB, a Punter,a return guy,a long snaper and and if Ogun leaves then a DE so lets not go crazy over the 9 million bucks. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but we need every penny we can get.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
We're 9 mill under but we still need to o-linemen and another WR. Also we need a back up MLB, a back up FB, a Punter,a return guy,a long snaper and and if Ogun leaves then a DE so lets not go crazy over the 9 million bucks. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but we need every penny we can get.

Ozzy rules!!

Well said. Surtain and RW are available for extensions but y'all will need someone to work with this time next year :foundout:

In simple terms, the NFL sets an "unadjusted" salary cap for all teams and that is $80,582,000. However, each team is subject to a cap adjustment based on paid and unpaid bonuses from 2003 season.

Who are the bonuses for? Wade Smith & Ricky?

Originally posted by SMadison29
In simple terms, the NFL sets an "unadjusted" salary cap for all teams and that is $80,582,000. However, each team is subject to a cap adjustment based on paid and unpaid bonuses from 2003 season.

Who are the bonuses for? Wade Smith & Ricky?

Any and all players on the roster. I know Ruddy had some incentives built into his restructure. Ogunleye had some as well

Originally posted by dolphingirl_vic
thank you so much clump, that helps explain....lol
- Victoria

I love girls named Victoria, especially ones that are Dolphin fans!!!!
You are already marriage material in my book!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, welcome to the boards!!!!!
It's always nice having new blood, especially FEMALE FIN FANS!!!

You will find all of the Dolphin news you could ever ask for right here.

ALSO, GREAT JOB CLUMP AND MUCK!!!!!!
:jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

You make it so simple to see the overall picture of things.
What an EXCELLENT job by RS this offseason (admit it Clump, you are impressed)!!!!!!! It looks like we have plenty of money to fill our holes and possibly give Chambers a much deserved extension. I really think it is time for OGUN to go. If we can get any first round pick for him, we have to take it. I think he is a GREAT player, but we just can't commit the kind of money he deserves to another player on the defensive side of the ball. I mean he is better than Wistrom, and possibly even Kearse, and look at the money they commanded on the market. We are already committed to JT, and I think D-Bo, J-Will, and future star Grigsby are more than enough to make up for the loss of Ogun. We could use Ogun's money towards DBoston and instantly take a huge step offensively. It's going to be a great year!!!!!!

Re: Salary Cap Update 3/11/04

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Muck :whip: is in the process of updating the cap page. We will also be adding a top 51 chart as well as a 2005 cap page in the near future. But onto the jist of the thread.........

As of this morning (3/11/04), I presently have the Fins $10,608,409 under an adjusted salary cap of $78,167,746 with 66 players under contract (Remember: the top 51 rule is in effect)

Notes

Bonus information for Freeman and Akins not available. You will see N/A on the cap page and only the salary is counted at this time. If anyone has seen a reference, post link in this thread, in the cap forum, or PM myself or Muck. :)

McIntosh is not presently apart of the cap calculations because no numbers have been released but you will see his name on the cap page. Info TBA

Madison restructure included

So, if you take an estimate for bonus amortization for Akins and Freeman, I suspect Miami is between $9.5-10 million under

Nice effort as always Clump, but you have to admit the Dolphins have a nice looking CAPJAIL! :D

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom