New Years Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Years Draft

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year fellow Dolphin fans. Hope the team can take that big step in 2018. Here is a mock just for fun.

1. Roquon Smith, OLB Georgia --- If he's on the board, Smith seems like the perfect fit. Miami's linebacking needs a lot of help and pairing Smith with Raekwon McMillan would be a nice start. If Shaquon Barkley is on the board, the Dolphins may not pass him up.

2. Mark Andrews, TE Oklahoma --- Not sure the team will look tight end this early, but Andrews would be a nice get in round 2 and Adam Gase needs an upgrade at the position.

3. Braden Smith, G Auburn --- Maybe a little optimistic here. I think Smith could go round 2, but with two fourth rounders Miami could trade up. My hope is the team lands a legit starting offensive lineman in free agency lessening the need.

4. Bo Scarborough, RB Alabama --- The Dolphins need a bruiser to complement Kenyan Drake.

4. Lowell Lotulelei, DT Utah --- Miami could move on from Suh after the 2018 season so finding more talent at DT is a possiblity. Lotulelei is one dimensional, but he can stop the run.

6. Hercules Mata'afa, DE/LB Washington State --- A tweener with pass rush talent.

7. Bentley Spain, OT North Carolina --- Dolphins take a late chance on a tackle with nice size. Played LT for North Carolina.

I think the 2nd-3rd round picks will all be taken a round sooner. That wiould be great to get though. I feel like DR is a high priority as I doubt you wanna pay another DE big money right now. Gotta get some talent there.

I think the 2nd-3rd round picks will all be taken a round sooner. That wiould be great to get though. I feel like DR is a high priority as I doubt you wanna pay another DE big money right now. Gotta get some talent there.

Yeah, I may be a bit optimistic there. I can definitely see a DE early considering Wake will be a year older and Harris is still developing. The problem is after Chubbs I'm just not sure on the other ends. I like Landry, but I think #11 is too high for him. Key is talented, but too many red flags for me.

We'll see. Obviously, there's a long way to go and things will change a lot from now until the draft.

Back
Top Bottom