News about Henson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News about Henson?

Andrew181185

Scout Team
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything else about Henson. espn.com says Texas has offered us a trade but the working out the contract is the hard part.. Heres the link, does anybody really think that we will get him too. i think it would a good move. he'd be a better back-up than Jay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia

Information will start coming in tomorrow about possible moves Wednesday.

Better backup than Jay? I doubt it, Jay isn't a great QB but he's better than a rookie who hasn't played in 3 years. And I am a Henson fan.

Better then Jay? OK, someone should just delete this. He hasn't played football in 3 years, and he's better? Theres countless reasons why thats stupid... Other then the fact he'd be 3rd string first.

If you asked me about Henson before we got Feely, I would say "sign em up." Theres no since in giving up 2/3 first day picks in 2005... Not to mention Henson wants a 10-15 year deal and some dough...

Originally posted by Brad528
He probaly is a better qb then Jay. Even without playing in three years.

That's why you're an internet forum poster and not an NFL talent Evaluator.

better backup

what i mean was i'd rather have him and Sage, or Huard, then Jay and one of them.
Jay has NO potentional and and won't be use to us as a 3.5 $ backup. Wouldn't u rather have Henson to take a few years to learn than a have Jay make way too much for sitting on the bench not even wanting to play for the team.

both sound bad to me. terrible qb who has proven time in and time out he cant do the job here, getting over paid. Or a rookie who hasn't played in 3 years, and was lacking experience three years ago, getting over paid. Right now I've got faith in Feeley. And even if he isn't the BEST in the nfl, if we can get an offense around him hell still blossom...

Henson is creating a problem for himself, IMO, He hasnt played in 3 years and yet wants a 10 to 15 yr contract w/ the base each yr guarenteed. Buffalo with all that cap room is balking at those contract demands. That is a major reason why we went after Feeley, Spielman basically wasnt going to spend the whole FA period trying to negotiate a deal for Henson because his agent believes he holds all the cards. Rick did not want to have a situation where he had long drawn out negotiations that were no certainty anything could get done.

Originally posted by Andrew181185
Has anybody heard anything else about Henson. espn.com says Texas has offered us a trade but the working out the contract is the hard part.. Heres the link, does anybody really think that we will get him too. i think it would a good move. he'd be a better back-up than Jay.

i disagree im not a fiedler supporter but jay could not be beat as a back up im sorry. id take him at number 2 over any guy in the leauge

And now a note from your moderator:

:calm:

Personal comments get cut before camp here. Offer opinions about Dolphin-related matters, not about each other. Otherwise, you might get a personal visit from the Turk.

Okay, -- back to the scrimmage of ideas.:)

Originally posted by Andrew181185

yeah andrew, you can point to all kinds of facts and figures showing that henson would be better than Jay.:goof:

Back
Top Bottom