News on G.Foster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News on G.Foster

Cruddy-61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Many people wanted Miami to trade up and get Foster. KFFL.com has a note that Foster is being used as a Right Tackle. Is anyone in Denver country that knows of some problems Foster is having at LT? If he isn't a suitable LT it may calm even more hotheads over Miami's inability to make a trade for him.

Crud

Originally posted by Cruddy-61
Many people wanted Miami to trade up and get Foster. KFFL.com has a note that Foster is being used as a Right Tackle. Is anyone in Denver country that knows of some problems Foster is having at LT? If he isn't a suitable LT it may calm even more hotheads over Miami's inability to make a trade for him.

Crud

I don't think anyone cares that George Foster was not traded up for by Miami.. He was chosen 20th overall.. Miami didn't have the ammo to trade up to 20th pick from 49th pick.. George Foster could of very well been another distraction Miami was trying to set like they did with Wayne Hunter.. All the rave was about Miami might taking Wayne Hunter if he landed to 49th pick yet he was there and Miami didn't even glance at him.. So basically, even if Foster was there at 49, I don't think Miami would of chosen him.. He had a hand injury or wrist injury, whichever it was, and I do believe it was for distraction purposes that the rumors flew about Miami being interested in Foster.. No one wants to let anyone else know who they're eyeing on draft day..

HORAH:drinker:

Re: Re: News on G.Foster

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I don't think anyone cares that George Foster was not traded up for by Miami.. He was chosen 20th overall.. Miami didn't have the ammo to trade up to 20th pick from 49th pick..
HORAH:drinker:

Actually you are wrong, but I appreciate the response anyway. There were numerous articles prior to the draft, and after the draft, detailing Miami's interest in Foster- and their desire to trade up to get him (especially with Arizona). I figured he'd be a good pick by Miami (although there were/are injury concerns), however I am glad Miami didn't give up what they would've had to to get him.

Crud

Miami would have definitely taken Foster if he fell to us at 49. We wouldn't have even thought about it. If he fell around 35, I think the Dolphins would have started to try to trade up for him.

The Fins were looking for a OT more than anything. We tried to trade up with everyone starting with Arizona to draft OG/OT Eric Steinbach.

I'm not sure exactly who Miami targeted, but it does seem that when Steinbach was taken, Miami settled for the 49th pick. Harris may have fit into the move or Foster. I haven't read much information on these players we heard so much about prior to the draft- as far as how they are doing now/what the teams that drafted them are planning for them. I just think it would be interesting to read if the players most people coveted are turning out.

Crud

P.S. I know it is still way to early to tell.

I'm In Denver......

but I haven't seen or heard much from the local media on Foster. They do seem to be pretty excited about him. Maybe they feel that they are fine a LT for now and will just try to work Foster into the lineup to get him some playing time/experience. The move to LT could come later, as in next season, if he shows that he has the ability IMO.

Who gives a who/what /where/when/why about George Foster? We wouldn't of picked him anyways. Kwame Harris and Eric Steinbach are better..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Who gives a who/what /where/when/why about George Foster? We wouldn't of picked him anyways. Kwame Harris and Eric Steinbach are better..

We would have taken Foster if he fell into the second rounder. We would have traded up for him.

Foster needs a further operation on his wrist, which teams knew BEFORE the draft. He was very limited last year because of the huge club he wore on his wrist and took 1 out of every 3 series off, playing once series at LT, the next at RT an dthe next on the bench.

I would have been AMAZED if Shanahan had thrown him straight away at LT given his inexperience and the fact that he needs the op.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

We would have taken Foster if he fell into the second rounder. We would have traded up for him.

Noooo..

I'm talking about if we had traded up with Arizona. We wouldn't of taken Foster..

Re: Re: Re: News on G.Foster

Originally posted by Cruddy-61

Actually you are wrong, but I appreciate the response anyway. There were numerous articles prior to the draft, and after the draft, detailing Miami's interest in Foster- and their desire to trade up to get him (especially with Arizona). I figured he'd be a good pick by Miami (although there were/are injury concerns), however I am glad Miami didn't give up what they would've had to to get him.

Crud

Who really knows if Miami wanted George Foster anyway?? How do you explain the Wayne Hunrer rumor?? I know for a fact that Miami was trying to trade up to get either Kwame Harris of Eric Steinbech, I never read anything about trading up to get George Foster.. Especially for the fact that Kwame Harris was still on the board when George was.. For you to say that Miami would of taken him with 49th pick is not lgical.. The kid had a red flag written all over him with the wrist injury he had.. You think Dave will go for a Red Flagged player with their first pick?? We can debate this all day long.. But it is done and I frankly do not give a flying poop shoot that Miami did not get George Foster.. I'm happy with Eddie Moore..

HOORAH:drinker:

Re: Re: Re: Re: News on G.Foster

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

For you to say that Miami would of taken him with 49th pick is not lgical.. HOORAH:drinker:

There's a certain team in Colorado that would have issue with your statement. However, you are correct, Miami didn't take Foster, nor Harris, nor Steinbach- yet they tried to...

I was just interested in Foster's play, and how Denver is using him. In shorts and T-Shirts, I'm certain he's all-pro :tongue:

Crud

Back
Top Bottom