Next Dolphin in HOF | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Dolphin in HOF

SkapePhin said:
Other than Junior Seau, Jason Taylor has the best chance..

Seau, Tiaina - Will retire a Charger...

Haha, I just found out that Tiaina was his real name... I had to throw it in somewhere.

_dan24 said:
Seau, Tiaina - Will retire a Charger...

Haha, I just found out that Tiaina was his real name... I had to throw it in somewhere.

:lol: Never knew that. Thanks.

Keuchenberg suffers by the impression he was 3rd best

On his own offensive line. Behind Langer and Little. His caliber of play definitely merits inclusion, especially the Super Bowl win over Minnesota.

Duper has no shot. Clayton came along in an era of great receivers and is somewhat hurt by the question of how much Marino contributed to his level of play. I make Clayton an underdog to get in, but not impossible down the road.

The only two players in recent memory who have the ability to get in are Taylor and Surtain. Taylor needs several more big sack years and Surtain probably has to come up big in the playoffs, maybe several years worth, for us or someone else.

After Marino, I dont see any Phins making it to the HOF in the near future. Zach, JT, Surtain, Madison, Webb, Clayton - even Kuchenberg - are/were great players, but I dont think they will make the HOF.

ih8brady said:
Sad thing is with an ounce of determination, he would have been on his way.

BTW, why not Reggie Roby? He is known as one of the best punters ever.
I actually agree. Roby may get in somewhere down the road.

AtlantaPhin said:
Yes he's the only punter in.
I stand corrected. No he's not in. Thought he was. If he's not in Robys' not getting in either. There is only 1 kicker in, Jan Stenurud.

Kooch might have had a chance if Marino hadn't been up this year. They don't generally put guys from the same team in in the same year no matter when they played.

He will get in eventually but not by much.

I always felt there should have been more talk about Dick Anderson for HOF in the past. He had QUITE a run for a while but it might not have been for long enough.

If they ever did put kickers in either Garo or Roby would have come up.

I expect a slight "lull" in HOF elections for the next 3-4 years as the effects of FA have ended the tradition of players having a long run with any given team. For the next few years there may be a window for the older players who just missed in the past. After that the Emmitt Smiths and Troy Aikmans and Jerry Rices will steal the show.

Back
Top Bottom