Next Game: Do you think..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Game: Do you think.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
....that the Patriots know we're coming after them with Ricky since they have a weakness in thier Running D? Do you think they will especially prepare for stopping Ricky? I mean, I think our Passing offense is just as deadly as our Running Offense but if we dont mix it up (like in the Chiefs game) then we are bound to get into a shootout again and Brady would love to get into one, especially with his dink and dunk passes....I think the Patsies will be ready for Ricky...lets just hope that no matter how much they prepare for them, Ricky will be good enough to exploit them.

I hope we will stick with Williams. We proved vs the Chiefs that we don't fare well in shoot outs.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I hope we will stick with Williams. We proved vs the Chiefs that we don't fare well in shoot outs.

I agree. I don't think Norv utilized Ricky nearly enough in that Chiefs game. I also think that if the Pats were going to make adjustments because of a weak run defense they would have against San Diego. Yet SD's Tomlinson got over 200 yards. I say Run Ricky Run!

Stop RW and let Fiedler throw. The fact alone that you guys think that RW should run the ball more goes to show you don't have faith in Fiedler. When in doubt, cut his arse.

It's not that I do or don't have faith in Fiedler. I just don't have any MORE faith in Ray Lucas. No qb should have been put in the position our D put Jay in. I think Ricky has proven himself to be a competitor and we should utilize that. I know one of the fumbles he had yesterday was completely Jay's fault. He put the ball on Ricky's shoulder pads. Not cool. Plus Ricky was breaking tackles like nobody's business. When they gave him the ball that is. When they used Ricky a lot we won, when they didn't we lost. Seems simple to me.

Ricky actually should have had 100 yards yesterday but I think Wanny and Norv hit the panic button a bit prematurely in the first half. Maybe they thought he would fumble again, but I would gladly risk putting it in Ricky's hands 50 times a game then let Fiedler throw blimps into a weak secondary..for 4 INTS.

Originally posted by justafan
Stop RW and let Fiedler throw. The fact alone that you guys think that RW should run the ball more goes to show you don't have faith in Fiedler. When in doubt, cut his arse.

There's more faith in Fiedler than in the Bills stopping Miami in a couple of weeks. You know, the same Feidler that's responsible for Buffalo losing 4 straight to Miami:

10/08/00 -- at Miami 22, Buffalo 13
12/03/00 -- Miami 33, at Buffalo 6
11/25/01 -- Miami 34, at Buffalo 27
1/6/02 -- at Miami 34, Buffalo 7

Yeah, that one.

Norv will need his complete bag of tricks to counter whatever Belli has in store - particularly disguised 8 man fronts. If I were NE, I would force Jay to throw deep and beat us which means that OG and CC could have big days. Of course, those tricks should be used at opportune moments only and the game plan s/b just like the Jets game. Pound RW so that we can dominate the 4th Q.

Good game plan dolphan39. Let me just add, Pressure Brady so he throws picks and doesn't pick our defense apart.

Originally posted by Merman
Good game plan dolphan39. Let me just add, Pressure Brady so he throws picks and doesn't pick our defense apart.
your wish....Chargers chip away at Brady
It will be interesting to see what other teams learn from tapes of the Chargers game. One of those teams will be the Dolphins, who play host to the Patriots next week

Hint to Norv Turner for this week's game vs Pats:

Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., Run, Ricky, Run..., ......

Back
Top Bottom