Next Man Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Man Up

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give props for the staff instilling an element of next man up with this team thus far this year. Didnt lead to a win yesterday but the team easily could have folded in the face of it, the captain is steering the ship well.

Needham has turned himself into a starting caliber CB when X went down.

Ballage was a mess and Laird stepped in and had 86 YFS yesterday and averaged over 3ypc with this awful O line

Ford finally got a shot with the injuries to the WR core and had 92 yards in his first real opportunity.

I hope this carries over when there is higher level of talent and expectations, keep up the good work Flo and staff!

Wanted to give props for the staff instilling an element of next man up with this team thus far this year. Didnt lead to a win yesterday but the team easily could have folded in the face of it, the captain is steering the ship well.

Needham has turned himself into a starting caliber CB when X went down.

Ballage was a mess and Laird stepped in and had 86 YFS yesterday and averaged over 3ypc with this awful O line

Ford finally got a shot with the injuries to the WR core and had 92 yards in his first real opportunity.

I hope this carries over when there is higher level of talent and expectations, keep up the good work Flo and staff!

A little OT, but Miami hadn't had a run over 15yds? Didn't knonw that

Even though they only have Laird and Ford to help Fitz, I still think they beat the Giants. Staff is doing a really good job with this team.

Even though they only have Laird and Ford to help Fitz, I still think they beat the Giants. Staff is doing a really good job with this team.
Ford was just shy of a 100 yard game. I still think Laird can be a very good player.

If no Wilson or Parker- it’s going to be really hard.

Just think about the losses on the offense?

Grant, Williams, Wilson, Parker, whalton and Drake. I wont count Ballage.

If they can get Rosen to step up then things really become interesting.
Still waiting to see if he will get a second chance like Needham who had a poor preseason but has come to the party now.

They have had the least talent in the league all season yet play hard and are well coached. I stopped thinking they can't win any game they have left except the last one against NE.

I do think that it makes the off season a bit clearer with the obvious areas of improvement being the two lines, while QB is the obvious focal point, the other elements are not as bad as you would think. Get some guys along the O line and the offense can be more productive and a young QB will have a greater chance of success.

Get some pass rush and those 3rd downs we seem to be able to get will turn into punts over conversions. And those close games will turn into wins.

If they can get Rosen to step up then things really become interesting.
Still waiting to see if he will get a second chance like Needham who had a poor preseason but has come to the party now.

Well the word on Rosen has been he has been impressing a bit, and looking really good. I personally believe Miami will not be getting Rid of Rosen after Miami takes a 1st round QB, but will allow him to compete. Rosen (if he reaches the the high expectation on him) might be exactly what they're looking for with Tua possibly be too big a risk, and Burrow and Herbert probably both being gone when they draft.

If Rosen is able to be the precise cerebral QB they expected him to be, he will go into a QB compitition in 2020 at a very high advantage.

I was also thinking of writing something about Needham...he has been looking great in the absence of X, and next year when X comes back, Needham is going to be a great player to have at the other boundry position, but what it will mean, though Miami will still probably get a Corner in the draft (Considering how much Miami's defense relies on flawless coverage), they will no longer have to pick up a corner too early, allowing them to worry more on QB, DE, O-Line, DT, and Safety.

Was good to finally see Ford get enough reps to get in a groove. I think he can stick next season.
Laird made some good runs against a pretty good Jets D, and had a few receptions as well.
I believe Van Ginkle had that big sack late in the game.

Albert - did they confirm he was concussed?

Well the word on Rosen has been he has been impressing a bit, and looking really good. I personally believe Miami will not be getting Rid of Rosen after Miami takes a 1st round QB, but will allow him to compete. Rosen (if he reaches the the high expectation on him) might be exactly what they're looking for with Tua possibly be too big a risk, and Burrow and Herbert probably both being gone when they draft.

If Rosen is able to be the precise cerebral QB they expected him to be, he will go into a QB compitition in 2020 at a very high advantage.

I was also thinking of writing something about Needham...he has been looking great in the absence of X, and next year when X comes back, Needham is going to be a great player to have at the other boundry position, but what it will mean, though Miami will still probably get a Corner in the draft (Considering how much Miami's defense relies on flawless coverage), they will no longer have to pick up a corner too early, allowing them to worry more on QB, DE, O-Line, DT, and Safety.
I'm not so sure Herbert is gone when we pick. I am also not sure he is worthy of a top 6 pick.

I guess it depends on how much the staff likes him.

Given Flo's decisions this season, I doubt any rookie will be able to start immediately next year.

Rosen will have the clear advantage, with a year learning the system, and if he doesn't, well, Fitz has another year on his contract.

I know many ppl don't want to hear it, but this seems the most likely scenario.

I think their NE style scheme will require 1 or 2 more DBs than an average NFL team. They often go with 6+ DBs in coverage, with a preference for man-to-man when they have the guns to do it.

Back
Top Bottom